Some Good Help S/Stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptoneleg

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2010
Virginia
These Guys really enjoy helping there Pa Pa, we s/s about 2/3 cord of Cherry.

Attachments

• SDC10393.jpg
    SDC10393.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 600
  • SDC10397.jpg
    SDC10397.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 595
started mine out young, and now at 16 he can do it all, even wants to do it with his buddies and not even have me present!! Not ready for that though, still enjoy it myself but ok with pulling back some.

We heated our house with wood growing up. We c/s/s all winter long. Its the reason I do it today. Can't wait for my little one to be big enough to help with some of the heavy stuff. Right now he just helps gather kindling.

Attachments

• little helper.jpg
    little helper.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 552
That's awesome cp. If you lived closer I would hire them in a minute! I see there's no training required as well, that splitter is horizontal! :cheese:

Just out of curiosity what are the white zebra stripes for on the splitter?

Pete

Pete1983 said:
Just out of curiosity what are the white zebra stripes for on the splitter?

Pete

Identifying my splitter from others, I have pictures of my splitter with hidden and visual marks. When I was in the construction business, I have gotten stolen tools back from pawn shops and a couple of welders returned to me by police. Other than the marks there are thousands of splitters just alike.

seeyal8r said:
We heated our house with wood growing up. We c/s/s all winter long. Its the reason I do it today. Can't wait for my little one to be big enough to help with some of the heavy stuff. Right now he just helps gather kindling.

Can't get any cuter than that!

Gary

Looks like you have good helpers.
You are teaching them good stuff :)

cptoneleg said:

Looks like you have some real good helpers, nice pictures.

zap

That's the best. I loved having my kids with me and now I get to have my grandkids with me.

Attachments

• Brody Helping Papa.jpg
    Brody Helping Papa.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 444
tfdchief said:
That's the best. I loved having my kids with me and now I get to have my grandkids with me.

Hehheh . . . I remember this one . . . the one where your grandson is giving you the finger. :) And yes . . . I remember you saying that if you look more closely it is his thumb or something like that.

Awesome crew CP!

Ray

cptoneleg said:

Great that Pa Pa got some help. However, you should be training them better with the splitting. Stand that thing up and work the easy way! ;-)

firefighterjake said:
tfdchief said:

Hehheh . . . I remember this one . . . the one where your grandson is giving you the finger. :) And yes . . . I remember you saying that if you look more closely it is his thumb or something like that.
Jake you have to good a memory. I couldn't seem to find another good pic of the little guy helping me so I used that one again. It is his thumb and on the end of it is an acorn cup he held up to show me. :)

Backwoods Savage said:
cptoneleg said:

Great that Pa Pa got some help. However, you should be training them better with the splitting. Stand that thing up and work the easy way! ;-)

We do on the big pieces we were in the making kindling mode. Somehow I knew I would hear from you on that :lol:

Good looking stacks and great to have helpers!

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.