Some help needed with a Stovax Phoenix install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

molde.20

Apr 7, 2015
chichester
Hi Guys, im after a little help. Im trying to install a Stovax Phoenix fireplace into this open fireplace. So far ive levelled the bottom of the place with fire cement. However, now i need some help. The metal firebox fits nicely into the gap with barely any gap between it and the box- you can see the metal has been rubbed against the brick work in the picture!

Now, how do i fix the box into the hole? Can it just sit loose?! Im hoping to fix it in and then sealent around the outside- making it all tight and flush to the wall. Does that sound like a plan?

All the best

Jon- a novice.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 127
Welcome, that tooks like what we call a slammer on this side of the pond Jon. It is no longer legal over here. Have you verified this is an ok install with a certified stove installer or chimneysweep?

Maybe, I'm not finding a manual or this model on Stovax's website, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place. I was trying to find out how it connects with and is sized for the chimney flue.

http://www.stovax.com/

page 6 item c says no fixing is required but if the front face of the opening is rough such as naatural stone. then it will be necessary to seal the flange with fire cement. But i think it is a good idea to seal it regardless. The problem i see is that they require the box be insulated and you have no room for it i would call the company to see if you can use this unit with no insulation.

Reactions: begreen
Status
Not open for further replies.