Some more cutting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

I had to clear the trail to get to the other side of the hard maple I started on thursday. I managed only 2 loads due to spending so much time clearing brush to make it safe to cut. Sorry, no action pics, just where I had to clear the trail and the rounds back to the compound.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367694030943.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367694030943.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Some from today, will split later or tomorrow

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367694138272.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367694138272.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 108
Got 90% split, I'm tired, will finish tomorrow.......

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367700422218.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367700422218.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 94
That looks like it's still got some meat to it. I've been cutting some dead standers too. Sometimes I need to cull some punk out but I'm still getting a lot of good wood. Once I get caught up, I'll try to catch these trees when they start to die....should have more good wood, less trash.
I know what you mean about clearing. Seems like half my time getting a tree is finding/clearing a path to it, then making room to work after I drop it.

For sure, if you have lanes or trails in the woods, you will do a goodly amount of work keeping them cleared. Between new stuff growing and leaning across the trails to downed limbs, it can amount to a lot of work.

Reactions: WellSeasoned
Yes, the 372 went through the downed sassafras like butter.

Just a fun day in the woods.
Nice set up, lucky you :)

Yes, the 372 went through the downed sassafras like butter.
I've been saving Sass poles around 4" to stack on...supposed to be rot-resistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.