some more eko40 questions ....almost done

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwaite002

Nov 17, 2010
rochester ny
Ok first i wanna thank you people for all your help i am very close to my start up for the first time ,But i have a few little concerns ,first does the eko controller act as a aquastat? i almost think like it does .it shows to hook my pump up to the controller.But then what would i need a aquastat for???besides overheat loop?and 2 dose the pump ever completly turn off???im curious to know if any one here has these anwsers new horizons didnt want to help that much nice guy but didnt help with any questions really

Yes your controller will start and stop your pump and you can set the temp. I never used my aquastat that came with my boiler. I have seen some use it to turn on the gas furnace or boiler if the other gets to cold.

Jwaite, To bad new horizons does not give costomer sevice? I bought my systems from alternative heating in burlington flats ny. They provided all the drawings of how to plumb it for my application and the wiring plan to make it work. They are only a phone call away to help on any qeustions.I had heard some bad reports about new horizons.

The controller will activate the pump circuit when it reaches the pump launch temperature (P, mine is set to 165) and shuts down when it drops by the pump hysteresis value (Ph, mine is 5). If you have a storage temp sensor (or heat demand sensor), it will enable the boiler when the temp setpoint has been reached (I do not use this, I generate heat to storage until the boiler maxes out at 195F). The pump turns off when T < P - Ph where T is the boiler temp. Then the water jacket will heat up and the cycle will start over. Depending on fire fire rate, the return water temp and the flow rate you may or may not have pump cycling. Not sure how other use an Aquastat.

Good luck! BTW I bought my unit from Mark at AHONA also - we was GREAT in supporting the setup and operation.

You're not very far from him neither. He has been very patient with me. Without his help I would most likely hate my EKO but now I wonder if it was my best investment yet.

henfruit said:
Jwaite, To bad new horizons does not give costomer sevice? I bought my systems from alternative heating in burlington flats ny. They provided all the drawings of how to plumb it for my application and the wiring plan to make it work. They are only a phone call away to help on any qeustions.I had heard some bad reports about new horizons.
I have talked to Zenon(New Horizons) a number of times about my Atmos boiler that he didn't even sell to me. He was willing to spend a considerable amount of time to help with questions. I'm not saying that your info isn't correct. I just wanted to relay my experience with New Horizons along with this, Randy

im not trying to say anything bad about zennon but he seemed to me like he didnt have the patience to deal with me over the phone nice guy though, now on the other hand this guy mark has a good attitude i wish i bought my unit from him...thanks everyone..

i just got off the phone with mark from ahona and I feel so much better with solveing my issues on installing this eko 40 . If I could return my unit I would rather give this company my money than any one else he seems to know his boilers well and was willing to help me .And answered all my questions he is the man ...

Status
Not open for further replies.