Some nice chunks for overnights

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
I picked these chunks up for a shop I deal with at work. Most of them are 4"x6"x46" chunks, I've picked up 20 of them so far and will likely get more as they get more. They're mostly red and white oak by the looks of them.

Attachments

• 0930131914 (Large).jpg
    0930131914 (Large).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 274
  • 0918131810 (Large).jpg
    0918131810 (Large).jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 297
Nice score
Good overnight size
How dry ?

Nice

Those ought to rock that Princess real well.

Nice score
Good overnight size
How dry ?

I've only cut one and it was wet, probably in the upper 30's or 40's(no reason to bother with a meter kinda wet) so it's years out. ;) Some of the more weathered ones may be better but I'm not counting on it. ;lol

Wow , thats some great stuff. Should burn very nice . :cool:

Don't matter if you have to wait a while to burn them. They will still make excellent firewood. Nice find indeed!

They will pack nice and tight. So tight they might be too tight.
You might need to experiment if you need o add some regular splits in with them.
They should make good all nighters though.

Reactions: PapaDave
They will pack nice and tight. So tight they might be too tight.
You might need to experiment if you need o add some regular splits in with them.
They should make good all nighters though.

I agree if I packed it full of those it would just be a big cube. ;lol

Don't matter if you have to wait a while to burn them. They will still make excellent firewood. Nice find indeed!

I laugh about getting these, I have darn near 20 cords of wood and I still couldn't pass these up. I thought to myself "Ohhhh in 2-3 years those will pack the stove really nice!" :)

Are you cutting them to length now? They might season a little faster.

Are you cutting them to length now? They might season a little faster.

Yeah, I plan to cut them the next time I have the saw out for something and have a few minutes to burn.

Those would sure make for great stove fuel, but I'd be tempted to keep 'em for building something or other. Maybe a super-strong doghouse or a lifetime yard bench or landscaping things. Very nice find.

Status
Not open for further replies.