Some of the girls in the back yard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutter

Hearth Supporter
Feb 20, 2009
Tecumseh Kansas
These girls have become a rather standard fixture around here for the last 6-8 years. In the pics they are less than a 100 feet out the back door. Some days we see the group in the AM and then again late in the afternoon. This years fawns are still rather stand offish. We see them now and then but the mothers are still keeping them in the taller heavier cover. We may only see a buck 6 or 7 times a year.
Brad

bfcb004.jpg

bfcb008.jpg

bfcb005.jpg

Oh deer!!

They look like they want to play in traffic to me.

Nice pics!

We have these ugly old turkeys in bulk lately........although I heard our neighbor had a moose in the backyard recently! That's pretty big time for the Pioneer Valley. We are short on deer....I don't know why...they are here, but not a lot like in NJ, Pa and many other places. I almost never see a dead deer.......

I hear the foxes barking at night again....but this time they moved under a shed up the street instead of our shed.

Attachments

• turk1.jpg
    turk1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 602
  • turk2.jpg
    turk2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 598
This thread is making me hungry!

I posted this guy last year, but worth sharing again.
I caught this buck in my back yard a few different times.
I saw this same buck a few weeks ago, he has really gone downhill.
Old and wise, still lives in town.

Brad

Attachments

• Big-Deer-018.jpg
    Big-Deer-018.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 534
  • Big-Deer.jpg
    Big-Deer.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 549
  • Deer-2.jpg
    Deer-2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 546