Some of the work I got done this weekend.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobUrban

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2010
Central Michigan
Started the morning saturday on the splitter and finished the day felling, bucking and hauling up some more ash rounds. This part of my stash is mostly ash with oak and cherry in the mix. From my calculations, if the winter holds, I should be burning between 3 and 3.5 cord so with 6+ left from last winters work this new stuff will be sitting until yr 3/4/5+ My goal is 10+ cord CSS'd before mud season.
The stack is what I should have left from last winter to get another year of summer sun and wind before it meets it's demise in the 30.
I love this stuff!

Attachments

• stash.JPG
    stash.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 132
  • stash2.JPG
    stash2.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 145
  • stack.JPG
    stack.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 114
Looks good Bob......winter weekend are just made for wood gathering no questions ask. Then when we get along in February the days get longer I can do some in the evenings too. I've got it bad............

Reactions: ScotO
You're well on your way to meeting your goal. Split while ya can get it!;lol

Nice work Bob. You don't want that Ash! That stuff is no good. Just take a short vacation up in Main or Vermont and haul it and drop it by my place. I will burn it for you. You need that good stuff like White Oak or Locust, etc.

I just got to thinking about your health as well Bob. I want nothing but the best work out for you for your strength and cardio for heart and lungs. So you don't want any easy splitting Ash. You need some nice Elm.

Big difference in those pictures Bob. Last one has lots of white in it. Hope you are keeping warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.