Some pics of the stacks and future splitting to be done

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
Now that the cooler weather is soon approaching, it's time to get back to splitting. In the pic with the saw, that's a 24 inch bar on that red oak for reference.

My weather will soon be here, after ANOTHER spell of rain.

KC

Attachments

• new wood pics 005.jpg
    new wood pics 005.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 500
  • new wood pics 004.jpg
    new wood pics 004.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 507
  • new wood pics 003.jpg
    new wood pics 003.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 501
  • new wood pics 002.jpg
    new wood pics 002.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 523
I feel so inadequate with my 16"....
"I don't want her, you can have her, she's too fat for me".
:)

Nice looking stacks and wood. That larger log looks like it's gonna be a b#@!h to split once you reach where the limbs were. Still, no matter how it splits, it all burns!

Nice lookin stuff. Makes my 18" bar look like a baby....happy splitting.

iskiatomic said:
Now that the cooler weather is soon approaching, it's time to get back to splitting. In the pic with the saw, that's a 24 inch bar on that red oak for reference.

My weather will soon be here, after ANOTHER spell of rain.

KC

KC, some nice looking rounds in the pictures.

zap

That larger log looks like it’s gonna be a b#@!h to split once you reach where the limbs were.

Yes, I've been looking at that one for a few weeks as to just how to buck it and split without the splitter looking for a grievance. What and see, pics to follow, now that I have beem edumacated, about posting pics.

KC

Status
Not open for further replies.