Some pictures from the woods.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Picture 100 0303, the trees from bottom to top = basswood,ash and beech. Picture 100 0304 is the basswood from last week and 100 0305 is the Cherry that came down after I cut the basswood.

Zap

Got some work to do.

smokinjay said:
Got some work to do.

You should see the top of the hill, the trees up top took a big hit. The white pine, some hard maple and beech. I'll have to go up Sunday to make sure on which trees.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Got some work to do.

You should see the top of the hill, the trees up top took a big hit. The white pine, some hard maple and beech. I'll have to go up Sunday to make sure on which trees.

zap
got a big dead standing beech a few months back just starting to burn some of the smaller limbs great stuff.

How fast does beech dry? I have 4 cord that was dropped and bucked this summer that I still need to split.

SolarAndWood said:
How fast does beech dry? I have 4 cord that was dropped and bucked this summer that I still need to split.

Solar I have 2 face cord of beech and I let it dry after splitting for a year.

Zap

bone dry or burnable after a year? The rounds are 3' in diameter and I am thinking about making some big blocks out of them. But, I may need to burn them next year.

SolarAndWood said:
bone dry or burnable after a year? The rounds are 3' in diameter and I am thinking about making some big blocks out of them. But, I may need to burn them next year.

Burnable, I have not checked the M/C yet but it had been cut,split and stacked in the woods (summer of 08) and brought out in April. I would think it will be under 20% m/c.

zap

Cool thanks. Time to add to the 6x6 collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.