Some progress

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagey

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2008
Middle TN
Got the shed up (obviously), and I've spent the past couple of weekends working up some red and chestnut oak that's been sitting in a barn since March or April. Also worked up some white oak that was standing dead for a year or two just to the left of the house. It will make a decent pile for next year.

Shed and white oak pile:
shed_pile.jpg

White oak:
whiteoakpile.jpg

More of the shed:
shed_pile2.jpg

Sinfully burning pine in the Endeavor!
pine_in_endeavor.jpg

First, I wouldnt have stacked in the shed right on the ground, the bottom row will wick up the moisture right out of the ground.

Second, there is NOTHING sinful about burning pine!

CowboyAndy said:
First, I wouldnt have stacked in the shed right on the ground, the bottom row will wick up the moisture right out of the ground.
My shed has a concrete slab so less moisture coming up from the ground. It also keeps the frost from pushing unevenly possibly tumbling the pile.

Before I had the shed, I would cut low grade standing dead wood or dead falls and cross-pile lengths of them to build a floor. The bottom ones I would space out for air movement and the top layer I put closer together like corduroy.

Status
Not open for further replies.