Some questions for the Blaze King Princess free standing users(insert users also welcome)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
I've done searches, just looking for some answers for one stop shopping. :) I'm heating nearly 2k with the Endeavor which has a 2.2 cubic foot advertised firebox so I know the BK Princess is up to the task but want some real world input.

1. How may square feet are you heating?

2. Heating from basement or main level?

3. What State do you live in?

4. How long do you get useful heat with a full load? I guess I'm looking for how many hours into the burn does the inside temp stop rising/stay steady and starts dropping with typical winter temps.(teens for example)

5. Using hardwood or softwood?

I realize a lot of variables can change most of these answers, I'm just looking for as big of sampling as possible to draw my own conclusions from. Feel free to add any other information you want.

Thanks!

well im here in ct. which thisyear has been very cold below 0 temps. bout a 1600 Square feet heating from basement. now my normal loads go as follows. shoulder season burning equals loads of chunks and uglies of oak maple. mostly all hardwoods i burn at all times. but that usually is a 20 hour burn maybe a little longer. usually equals out to loading the stove only once every other day. keeps my upstairs 1st level high 60's to 70 . and stove room mid 70. then for normal cold weather its a load in the morning about 6 am burn hot for an hour fans on high and this gets my stairs 1st level to lower 70's then i leave for work and i have my wife kill the fans and turn stove a little lower. i come home around 3 and house high 60's 1st level still mid 70 stove room. maybe rake coals and turn up the stove a little turn on fan then at about 6 pm load again. and thats it till morning so 2 times a day normal cold. when its cold cold in 20 's and teens during the day i leave stove a littler warmer and reload at about 4 or 5 with and east to west load and reload at about 10 pm. and this usually results in a above 80 stove room and 70's up stairs. and i think thats it. and bout 68 69 in the am on 1st floor when i wake up.

rdust said:
I've done searches, just looking for some answers for one stop shopping. :) I'm heating nearly 2k with the Endeavor which has a 2.2 cubic foot advertised firebox so I know the BK Princess is up to the task but want some real world input.

4. How long do you get useful heat with a full load? I guess I'm looking for how many hours into the burn does the inside temp stop rising/stay steady and starts dropping with typical winter temps.(teens for example)

I realize a lot of variables can change most of these answers, I'm just looking for as big of sampling as possible to draw my own conclusions from. Feel free to add any other information you want.

Thanks!

1. 1,500 square feet, old leaky farmhouse
2. Downstairs livingroom
3. New Hampshire - best state in the country!
4. 10 hours producing enough heat for our house overnight. Still going in the morning. If I stir things up when I come down in the morning and up the thermostat I can go about fourteen hours total.
5. Both. The above burn times are for seasoned oak. The dry pine I have will do about 8 or 9 hours of good heat before I have to reload.

Hope this helps.

1-- I am heating a total of 2200 ft. Basement and main floor

2-- I heat from my unfinished concrete floor, block wall basement.

3-- I am in central Alabama 35071

4-- I load twice in 24 hours normally, in days that I am working in my basement with the garage door opening and closing I will load a half load in the middle.

5-- I am burning hardwood exclusively, Oak, Hickory and the last of my maple.

My stove does not work exactly correct BTW, I believe I have a leaky door gasket but have not been in town enough to get it changed lately. We have had a rougher winter this year than average; more snow and WAY more cold weather. Overall I am very happy with the stove, I have only started a couple fires this season.

Jason

cmonSTART said:
rdust said:

Thanks!

1. 1,500 square feet, old leaky farmhouse
2. Downstairs livingroom
3. New Hampshire - best state in the country!
4. 10 hours producing enough heat for our house overnight. Still going in the morning. If I stir things up when I come down in the morning and up the thermostat I can go about fourteen hours total.
5. Both. The above burn times are for seasoned oak. The dry pine I have will do about 8 or 9 hours of good heat before I have to reload.

Hope this helps.
i do love your state. white mountains is hands down some of the best hiking

Thanks for the input guys!

jtb51b said:
My stove does not work exactly correct BTW

I know, I've been watching to see how it turns out for you. I'm curious to see what the final issue/s end up being.

TTT, I know we have more than 3 members using this stove/insert. :)

One more bump!

Status
Not open for further replies.