Hi we are seriously thinking about putting a stove in our home since we heat with oil. We live in ranch with a partially finished basement. We want to put the pellet stove in the unfinished part of the basement since we dont have any insulation in the ceiling we are hoping the heat will rise through the floor. So we are looking at heating approximately 1700 square feet of living space. We also have a son that is asthmatic and was wondering if anyone here has a pellet stove and whether or not it aggrevates your asthma. We do have a wood burning fireplace and use that a lot and it never bothered him. We are hoping to get a direct vent model since we dont have a chimmney to use. What concerns me is what would happen if we have a power outage. I know the pellet stove will go out but will it smoke up the house at all? If I get the battery backup how long will the battery last? Any ideas? Are they really as easy to operate an clean as I have been hearing. Do they break down often? We are looking at the harman p68 do you think that stove is tooo big for our house? Any information would be greatly appreciated.