Some smaller wood down.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Went for a walk up the back hill and found some smaller downed ironwood,hard maple that I was working on last year then some hard maple from the last snow storm.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0724.jpg
    100_0724.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 100_0725.jpg
    100_0725.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 338
  • 100_0726.jpg
    100_0726.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 329
I have a nice pile of stuff like that. So far I've de-twigged all the branches with clippers and have 2 wheelbarrows full of twig kindling, next will de-branch the limbs and trim it all down to size. It was all from my neighbor that trimmed the oaks on his property so he threw it all over the fence for me. Worked out good for both of us!

wood spliter said:
I've never burned the Iron Wood but I've heard its great.

Once it is seasoned, burn with care cause it really throws the heat. Easy to warp a steel stove if you get carried away.......

Ya got some work to be done there, Zap!! Looks like it should make a nice load.

Iron wood is a rare commodity up here in Eastern Canada. Fantastic firewood. Worth twice my white or red maple.
Enjoy the burn.

zapny said:
Went for a walk up the back hill and found some smaller downed ironwood,hard maple that I was working on last year then some hard maple from the last snow storm.

zap

Zap you sure my brother wasn't cutting there ? Thats the stuff he usually lets for the rabbits .

webie said:
zapny said:

zap

Zap you sure my brother wasn't cutting there ? Thats the stuff he usually lets for the rabbits .

So it was your brother! :)

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.