Some suggestions or pictures please.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Will be running a new BK Parlor this year,I'm at the minimum required chimney height of 12 feet..I want to run class A I believe another 3 feet from the chimney cap base. Any suggestions and cost the stove people seem perplexed and say it's a lot of $. I have a concrete chimney cap about 4 feet long and 3 feet wide,the liner comes right up through it to the end,where it then attaches to the chimney cap.If pictures would help I can get them later. I need the brains here to advise please.

Sounds like you need to have your liner attached to an anchor plate and extend the flue using a piece of class A. It's not really a common thing to do, maybe the hearth store hasn't done this before? It will be expensive, a couple hundred for The Pipe, $50 or so for the anchor plate plus labor.

Sounds like you need to have your liner attached to an anchor plate and extend the flue using a piece of class A. It's not really a common thing to do, maybe the hearth store hasn't done this before? It will be expensive, a couple hundred for The Pipe, $50 or so for the anchor plate plus labor.
What would you guess for the entire job?Never had a problem ,with what I have but 3 extra feet may enhance the BK performance by 25%a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.