Some trailer work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Ramp in the front for the ATV.
Not sure if I'll make a hinge & fold up.
Take some welding to make that work.
or
Couple slots & use them as the gate.

Sides done. 24" plywood , 26" from the deck to the top edge
Folding ramp tail gate next.
DSCF0938.JPG DSCF0943.JPG

DSCF0944.JPG

Now you're gonna start outgrowing that 'yota. ;) :p

Gonna hear it work for sure. ;lol

Ramp in the front for the ATV.
Not sure if I'll make a hinge & fold up.
Take some welding to make that work.

If you don't have a welder, just bolt on a couple barn hinges to see if you like it. Should be plenty strong and you could always go back and weld something up later.

If you don't have a welder, just bolt on a couple barn hinges to see if you like it. Should be plenty strong and you could always go back and weld something up later.

Good idea ;ex ;)
Might try that today.
Thanks

Now you're gonna start outgrowing that 'yota. ;) :p

Gonna hear it work for sure. ;lol

Book says 7,000 # towing.
(Matched the trailer to the rig.)

At least the dual axle will handle the 5500 lbs towing I've do better than the single axle.
Tires on the single axle always looked like they needed air ;?

1 big plus, this one has brakes, no more getting pushed thru a stop sign _g

Reactions: MasterMech
If you need something weldered up bring it by. I figured with that big workshop you'd be setup with all sort of equipment.

If you need something weldered up bring it by. I figured with that big workshop you'd be setup with all sort of equipment.

wood worker' shop ;)

Neighbor has that stuff, I help him with electrical & wood work, he's a mechanic & welder.

just bolt on a couple barn hinges to see if you like it. Should be plenty strong

Thanks for the idea.
4" heavy door hinges worked
Just hast to support an ATV ( Oops & me, better add another bolt :) )
DSCF0946.JPG DSCF0945.JPG

DSCF0948.JPG DSCF0949.JPG

Looks good Dave.

Tha looks great! Very clever engineering. I'd like to figure out some way to make a rear folding gate for my trailer at some point for the mower & wheelbarrow

Tha looks great! Very clever engineering. I'd like to figure out some way to make a rear folding gate for my trailer at some point for the mower & wheelbarrow

That's my next step , so I can roll the big rounds on.
I'll take some pictures as I go.

Could put plywood over this little ramp & get a mower & wheel barrow up it ;)

Ramp latches:
DSCF0950.JPG

Looks good. Brakes will be nice. The other people on the road will appreciate them too.;)

Reactions: MasterMech
Status
Not open for further replies.