Some very high temps. What's the temp where you are?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
I see some really high temps around the country. What is the temp where you are? We had 93 on my back porch today. Very warm, but we had some nice windy breeze all day long so it did not seem as bad. Air conditioners are running though. I see Scotty is down in the Southeast. How hot is it down there Scott? What about where the rest of you guys are?

102 with a "feels like" of 112 with the 70 percent humidity.

Down to a cozy 90 now though. Not supposed to get really hot until tomorrow.

94F here right now. The barn was a chilly 90F.
Ponies are staying out tonight, and probably for the next few days. At least there is a breeze outside.

Going to be 95 ish tomorrow. Hope no one shows up for a tour at the museum.

I see some really high temps around the country. What is the temp where you are? We had 93 on my back porch today. Very warm, but we had some nice windy breeze all day long so it did not seem as bad. Air conditioners are running though. I see Scotty is down in the Southeast. How hot is it down there Scott? What about where the rest of you guys are?
http://www.wral.com/
Temps in North Carolina.

zap

I had 102 at 6:00 this afternoon.
This is what we get in the middle of August I wonder what the temp will be then.
The only good thing I can think of the come out of this heat is that my woodpile is drying real good now.

http://www.wral.com/
Temps in North Carolina.

zap

;lol Thanks for the link Zap. I know how to use NOAA's site ya know. :p I guess I was just trying to make some conversation. Now come in out of the this weather, stop c/s/s more wood, the heat is starting to get to ya. And do what I'm doing, going for a cold beer. ;lol You have enough wood to last for at least five years now ZAP. It's okay. Take a break already! ;lol

How the hell are ya man? I really should not say that to ya. I just had a guy dump some nice ash in the driveway that is c/s already. I started stacking a little of it about 08:15 after it cooled down a little. I only stacked one face cord. I will do more in the early morning while it is cool. Get er done. >>

Not much cutting or stacking going on this summer so far, I might grab another downed Hemlock tomorrow. I should be six plus years ahead once the end of August hits.

How are your dogs?

zap

It was about 106 today. Supposed to cool off tomorrow....down to about 100 for the next three days.

We had the hottest June day on record this week.

No rain in sight...11 inches behind for the year.

They are doing great Zap. We can not believe how well they are fitting in already. After a tough wrestling match.

Attachments

• 466.JPG
    466.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 465.JPG
    465.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 119
A wall of thunderstorms and sixty to eighty mile an hour winds about thirty minutes out and headed this way. Those big trees in front of the house ain't looking so good right now.

Reactions: ScotO
A wall of thunderstorms and sixty to eighty mile an hour winds about thirty minutes out and headed this way. Those big trees in front of the house ain't looking so good right now.

Oh sh!t B.B. Stay safe man. Keep us posted.

Lost power in the first five minutes of it coming in. Then the poop hit the prop. Our co-op has 34,000 out of power so we are down for a while. I fired the gennies after it slowed down so we have A/C and of course the Internet.

I ain't even gonna go look at what happened out there until morning.

Seems like the northwest is the only part of the country with almost normal temps.

Now I see why you have a brick house BB. Got to stand up to the big bad wolf huffing and puffing. Hope the morning picture is not too bad.

Goofy how stuff works. Done a lot of winter power failures. Fire the gennies and bring the extension cords in through the windows and shut the windows on the foam. Done it many times. First summer one and standing in the kitchen with a flashlight saying "What ya gonna do now fool. The air conditioner is in the only window down here.

Worked it out but "The best laid plans..."

My first introduction to generator power was during Hurricane Diane. My dad brought home a contractor generator and fed the neighbors and our house. In the daytime we went swimming in the little creek that normally was no more than ankle deep.

My neighbor was up here a few weeks ago and he looked at the two large and two little generators in the shed and named this place BrotherBart Power and Light Company.

Just heard on the radio that 450,000 are out of power in Northern Virginia. And they don't even consider us Northern Virginia. We be the hicks in the sticks. So it takes a long time.

Just caught the story on the news. how much gas do you have on hand?

Enough to last a couple of days maybe.

How you making out today BB? Hope all is well. Keep us updated.

This was a big storm. There are several million homes without power in the east. It's ironic because most of us think about losing power during the cold, but in this case being without power and having 100+ temps can be a life threat for some. I hope BB is doesn't have too much damage and is staying moderately cool by moving down into the basement.

They are saying this record heat is going to hang around for awhile. Stay well hydrated and drink lots of water folks.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48024138/ns/weather/#.T-8mvR2nlDQ

i dunno how hot it is out there....its hot in my warehouse, that I can tell you. I sweat at anything about 72-ish, and I'm sweating...so its at least 73-ish. Be safety people in storm paths....no golfing, kite flying,or flag pole erecting.

Hot Hot here.....
very hot...sweaty hot...;)
even my parrot looks hot and he is an african parrot....panzy a$$

Just got DSL back. The phones are toast in this area. Cell and landline. My county 911 center is offline. We dodged the major damage but it is going to be days before we get electricity back. Over a million out in the area and they can't get crews from other places because they got hit too. I just made a genny gas run. In the winter in an outage I only run the genny(s) half the day. It is 102 out right now so they are running around the clock. $36 bucks in gas a day makes that five bucks a day electric usage look like a real deal.

And now they are saying a storm just like that one coming tonight. <>

Film at eleven.

Man that's bad, but at least you are able to get gas. When we have a major outage local gas stations are shut down too until someone can show up with a genny. Even then the gas is rationed, but at least they fill your cans, just no full vehicle fillups. Hope you dodge the bullet again tonight.

Here's the predicted severe storm path for today:

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-severe/severe-weather-tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.