Some work for this Weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This beech came down in a small wind storm at the end of July. This is down the trail from the beech I took off the side of a hill last weekend so I'll grab this this weekend some time.

From the trail this looked like a good beech tree but come this weekend I'll find out for sure.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1105.jpg
    100_1105.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 312
  • 100_1106.jpg
    100_1106.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 310
Zap, don't you just love how those limbs on beech always grow so straight?!

zap, I've come to look forward to your weekly (seemingly, anyway) "work for this weekend" posts.
Dennis, I'm detecting a slight hint of sarcasm after looking at the pic.

PapaDave said:
zap, I've come to look forward to your weekly (seemingly, anyway) "work for this weekend" posts.

PapaDave thanks, I hope that I can put up more pictures during the winter of downed trees with straight branches. :zip:

zap

PapaDave said:

Dave it doesn't seem to me that you have any or many beech in your area and that is a shame. But for sure they certainly can grow some mighty crooked limbs! I still like beech though and so do the deer and bears! At least on the years when they have lots of nuts. They must taste about as good as white acorns to them because they are drawn like flies to them.

Oh, it also makes excellent firewood.

Backwoods Savage said:
PapaDave said:

Dave it doesn't seem to me that you have any or many beech in your area and that is a shame. But for sure they certainly can grow some mighty crooked limbs! I still like beech though and so do the deer and bears! At least on the years when they have lots of nuts. They must taste about as good as white acorns to them because they are drawn like flies to them.

Oh, it also makes excellent firewood.

Dennis I just hope the beech is good and has zero punk. My wife loves the beech even better than maple.

straight or crooked we cut it!

zap

Gary_602z said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, don't you just love how those limbs on beech always grow so straight?!

Just like a Black Walnut, straight and true! :)

Gary

Gary I take it that Black Walnut grows crooked.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.