Somebody help me.....CAD is really settin' in!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScotO

Chainsaw Acquisition Disorder, that is! I just bought a Stihl 046 that needs a tank/handle assy and P/C, and a Stihl 066 that needs nothing but a crankshaft........both really reasonable, too!!

Oh, and another Stihl 041AV parts saw to build yet ANOTHER 041AV Super (I already have a Super P/C ready to go for that one).......

And I have an MS170 tore apart on the bench as I type this, that needs a piston, and new crank bearings/seals...I'm building that one for my 12yr old son to learn with....

Wifey is gonna kill me!!

You're getting paid to cut trees down...I see no problem. It's John Q Woodburner who should fear the wife.

I've got 5 bucks that says she won't! ;lol

It's an honorable hobby and there are much worse ways to spend money in this life.

No pics????

pen

I don't have the 066 here yet, but I'll take a pic of both saws when I get it in the mail........
Spent the evening sharpening chains for others, and had to eradicate another yellow jacket nest (this one in the ground in one of the wife's flowerbeds).

Reactions: smokinj and pen
Feed.It. That nice early '70's Mac 10-10 I grabbed on ebay last week should be arriving any day now.....::-) Plus there's a couple more other models that need a little work & some parts that have my interest also,dirt cheap too ;)

What I've noticed is I can get anywhere from 3 to 7-8 different smaller Mac's that are running or need slight work for the same money that the monster 125 cost me.....

Soooooo.......==c

Reactions: smokinj and ScotO
CAD is an issue and a real one at that. Got the 372xp 2 weeks ago. Since then. I have bought another 036 Pro ($100 :!) an 044, and an MS 361 (been wanting one of these for Forever!!)

036 came today, the 361 and 044 Mag are due tomorrow and the day after :)

Also got a saw to work on today it's Swags 026 Donor saw that went to fix his Uncles 026 when the accident happened. He dropped it off this evening. We sat and shot the chit for awhile. He is a cool cat and I love meeting other members. Especially the ones that neither one of us could quit talking because we had so much in common and just general stuff in life to talk about.. :)

Scotty.... There is no end in sight. Just keep buying ;)

Reactions: ScotO
The solution/cure is very simple Scotty. More storage space of course==c. I'm with MM by the way, port & pipe that 170 give the kid a saw He can be proud of. A C

What does " ==c " mean?? I see it on here all the time!

You could always sell a few, but that would just spread the disorder. Do the heroic thing and just keep them--look at it as protecting others from CAD!

Keep runnin man, your acquiring quite the collection. Got to meet Dex and see his collection last night. Good guy and had a great time chatting with him. He's got a nice collection of saws too

Reactions: DexterDay
The MS 361 was delivered today. Just got the notification on my phone. The 044 that I got from an AS member should be here tomorrow :)

The 044 will likely be cleaned, dual ported, and sent down the road. The 036 Pro yesterday, will more than likely go to my BIL for his B-day. The 361... Well, I think that one will see its way to Tennessee! To a chap named Randy. AKA Mastermind :cool:

Looking forward to building the 026 for Swags...

Reactions: ScotO and swagler85
That Mastermind does some darned impressive work....he's like a chainsaw whisperer....and a respected member over at AS.
Anyone on here who doesn't know of his work, go over to YouTube and check out some of his before/after videos......you'll become a believer then....here's one that impresses me....I have several of these saws and I may have to send one down to him someday.

before mods......

after tune-up (no mods, just tuned up)

Saw after squish removal, .045 removed from cylinder base, woods port and a muffler mod...

Reactions: DexterDay
I like this 2101.No idea if he worked on them,but they sure run great.My 2100CD has that same earth-shaking rumble. ::-)

Wow that was N impressive stihl video set.

That Mastermind does some darned impressive work....he's like a chainsaw whisperer....and a respected member over at AS.
Anyone on here who doesn't know of his work, go over to YouTube and check out some of his before/after videos......you'll become a believer then....here's one that impresses me....I have several of these saws and I may have to send one down to him someday.

before mods......

after tune-up (no mods, just tuned up)

Saw after squish removal, .045 removed from cylinder base, woods port and a muffler mod...

20 seconds...then 14 seconds...then 8 seconds (like riding a bull :cool:).

Status
Not open for further replies.