Somebody loan me $700.00....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
Found a Quad Castille on Craig's List for $700.00... but I'm broke right now since I'm spending over $10K to rebuild the engine in my Peterbilt... maybe I could add the pellet stove onto my engine bill and borrow enough at one time?!?!?!? I'd have the $$$ but I just bought a new vacation home... I guess now I have to figure out if I'll need a new chimney for the camper or can I just run a chunk of automotive exhaust pipe out the side... I have an old Yugo muffler laying around so that might work...imacman can you help?
100_4286.jpg

I can get you $7,get 100 more like me and you're golden, if you weren't from Wisconsin, I'd go as high as $9, but you know what they say about people from Wisconsin.

I dont actually know what they say about people from Wisconsin, but I'm sure "they" say something.

We (people in NH) are all cow tippers, at least thats what "they" say. ;-)

I saw that one if its the Weyauwega posting.
nice stove hard to pass on.

Check with Elderthewelder, he just got a whole bunch of money

Delta-T said:
I can get you $7,get 100 more like me and you're golden, if you weren't from Wisconsin, I'd go as high as $9, but you know what they say about people from Wisconsin.

I dont actually know what they say about people from Wisconsin, but I'm sure "they" say something.

We (people in NH) are all cow tippers, at least thats what "they" say. ;-)

So WHAT exactly do THEY say about us Cheeseheads? Perhaps I created too much of a ruckus in 1972 when my truck got lost in Manchester one night while looking for Granite State Cold Storage... I wasn't lost... my truck was lost. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

I'll send you $10, and you can apply some of it toward the stove, provided you install it in the new camper......I have an old Vega muffler around somewhere I think...... :cheese:

I'll donate a new hamster for the generator in the vacation home.

I'm thinking maybe a barrel stove... when you spend big money ($450.00) for a classic vacation home you want to be sure the ambiance isn't compromised.

I bet it's built better than some of the new ones and doesn't have that cheap OSB from CHINA with the high powered Famaldehyde resin in it that's made many sick!!!

A barrel stove and a couple of solar panels and you could be OFF-GRID. No Bills No Worries!!!!

AR

ARGlock said:
I bet it's built better than some of the new ones and doesn't have that cheap OSB from CHINA with the high powered Famaldehyde resin in it that's made many sick!!!

A barrel stove and a couple of solar panels and you could be OFF-GRID. No Bills No Worries!!!!

AR
I like the way you think.... my problem is if I keep buying stuff like this I'll be living in that Redneck Winnebago...

krooser said:
ARGlock said:

AR
I like the way you think.... my problem is if I keep buying stuff like this I'll be living in that Redneck Winnebago...

:)

krooser said:
ARGlock said:

AR

Heck, pull it on down to Arkansas!!! If you have a wife, make here pull her shoes off at the State Line and we'll make Yall into some Real Rednecks!!!! That's what all the Northern Folk say about Arkansas anyway, that the women are barefoot and pregnant all the time! :)

We'll even share our greens, corn bread, okra, possum and apple pie withya. :)

ARGlock said:
krooser said:
ARGlock said:

AR

Heck, pull it on down to Arkansas!!! If you have a wife, make here pull her shoes off at the State Line and we'll make Yall into some Real Rednecks!!!! That's what all the Northern Folk say about Arkansas anyway, that the women are barefoot and pregnant all the time! :)

We'll even share our greens, corn bread, okra, possum and apple pie withya. :)

My brother already lives there... west of Hot Springs on Hwy 270. Around his place he's known as the 'Yankee on the Hill'....built a house on telephone poles that sits on the side of a big, rocky hill. My sister-in-law stuck her nose into so many people's business that the locals started throwing rocks at her car when she came down the dirt road thru the subdivision. My brother finally built his own road into their property.
She was complaining about folks living in what she called 'inappropriate housing'... older trailers, converted ocean containers and 'homebuilt' houses She also freaked out about people having outhouses and having the local churches baptize their members in the pond that's on her property (something that's been going on there for over 100 years). She lobbied for stricter code enforcements until she found out the county didn't have any building codes and didn't want any.

But she DOES like the fact that the taxes on their 10 acres and home are only $550.00 per year...

Long story short she wore out here welcome pretty quick.

Me? I could move there in a heartbeat... I'd love nothing better than to move out of Wisconsin's tax hell....

Status
Not open for further replies.