Someone just sent me this.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it amazing, Loon, how those animals seem to know when someone needs a little love. Especially when someone has a handicap or is feeling down, they always seem to have that "6th" sense. Thanks for sharing, very nice!

Aw man, I couldn't watch the whole thing. I almost lost it when the dog put his paw on the childs' shoulder. The wife and kids watched it and the were teary-eyed. Nice video.

Reminder to self: Do something manly this weekend like drive a nail through my finger...

Aw man, I couldn't watch the whole thing. I almost lost it when the dog put his paw on the childs' shoulder. The wife and kids watched it and the were teary-eyed. Nice video.

Reminder to self: Do something manly this weekend like drive a nail through my finger...

Nope, didn't get misty. Nope, didn't, really

1028117_1287271584324.88res_500_283.jpg

dang you loon. Now I gotta head to Mass and do something tough like help Jon get a nail out of his finger, I'm bringing the sawzall, the big one, and a new blade Jon, hold on!

Thanks loon,

pen

we had a golden retriever mix that we would take to the nusing home every Wed to visit Grandma, the staff was always amazed at how the residents would perk up during our visits and how the dog would know which ones needed loving.

Reactions: rideau and loon
My wife is a pediatric speech pathologist specializing in children with Down's syndrome and autism.
She cried like a baby and said three words... Never give up.

Reactions: loon
amazing that we as "people' refer to our pets as "animals"

we can learn a lot by emulating our pets

If I acted the way he does when hungry, I'd be eating in the dog house ;)

Otherwise, I agree

Very COOL

Wow! That is touching for sure but damn it, I got tears in my scotch! I worked in a program to teach down syndrome kids how to swim when I was in high school. I wanted to be a nurse and work in a home for special needs kids. Needless to say when one of the kids I worked with died my senior year of HS it hit me really hard and knew that I couldn't deal losing children as a profession. My sister works with autistic kids and my mom does end of life hospice care. Don't know how they do it, wish I could..

Reactions: loon and Blue Vomit
Loved the video. Thanks for sharing, Loon.

I care for my profoundly retarded multihandicapped brother. He was five years old before he could walk or feed himself. My parents were amazing, which is why he survived. He is now 46 years old, and very happy.

Our pets have always loved him, protected him, interacted with him..Newfies, Wheaten terrier, Lab, dalmation...multiple cats...made no difference, They all knew and understood.

amazing that we as "people' refer to our pets as "animals"

we can learn a lot by emulating our pets
Yes Mike it is. Just for the record, I called them animals in my post, but I have never called any of mine animals. They have all loved me like family members and I treat them and talk to them like they are people, which they deserve far more than some people I know;)

We (yes, all of us humans, and all the domesticated beings we're referring to here) are animals, by definition. Nothing wrong with using the (correct) label unless one has a different bias/connotation for it. I am an animal, as has been every pet I've ever had and loved. As has been a hell of a lot of what I've eaten (and continue to eat) in my life. All animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.