Someone please help - cant get stove hot enough

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr_Pither said:
Oh my goodness..............let the stove cool silly.

I have to say I laughed out loud with this one. All kidding a side I would never risk burning myself over a wood stove! Thank you for your concern though.

fossil said:
Just put it back the way it was for now. There's nothing you can do with it removed other than gaze up into the fireplace to find out whether or not there's a block-off plate. It's either there or it's not. (My money's on not). In any case, the block-off plate and the full liner are the issues you need to take up with the installer. Rick

I completely agree with you 100%!!! I am insisting on a full liner and block off plate and I will stop payment on the check 1st thing in the morning. That will get some fire (no pun intended) under the installer to rectify the situation. Thank you for all of your input.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
I will try to explain as best a woman can who has never had a wood stove before

Girlfriend, you're gonna be a "Pro" when this is over ;-)

And if I ever see the "best as a woman can" line, I'm gonna pop ya one !!!

Sorry, i know what you mean. This site is mostly men so I was trying to explain the best I could so that they would understand what i was doing.

kflorence, when a thread gets this long (over 100 posts), what happens many times is people scan a few posts, think they have something to contribute, and post a response without carefully reading the entire thread. Consequently, we end up re-visiting things time and again, and tend to lose focus on where the troubleshooting process is leading us. If it's OK with you, I propose that I close this thread to further inputs and tomorrow you start a new thread to continue the saga...sound alright? Rick

fossil said:
kflorence, when a thread gets this long (over 100 posts), what happens many times is people scan a few posts, think they have something to contribute, and post a response without carefully reading the entire thread. Consequently, we end up re-visiting things time and again, and tend to lose focus on where the troubleshooting process is leading us. If it's OK with you, I propose that I close this thread to further inputs and tomorrow you start a new thread to continue the saga...sound alright? Rick

Sounds perfect! I will post new tomorrow and give an update. Wish me luck and thank you all for your input.

I wish you all the luck in the world. It's been fun so far. Looking forward to the sequel tomorrow. Shuttin' this one down now. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.