Somerset pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rb62

Dec 18, 2011
ohio
Bought the last ton of Somerset pellets from my supplier today for $209 a ton. Same as I paid last September. He said he would not be getting any more till August. This is the 4th year burning, 1st year with these pellets and love them. More heat, less ash.

Where are you located? Most Menards around Ohio (not all, thats why I ask your area) carry Somersets. Also the lowest price I have seen per ton (anywhere!).

Around Millersburg Oh, Holmes County. Am buying these at hardware store in Loudonville Oh. These are the only pellet they will carry.

Little father South then.... The Menards in Masfield/Ontario carries them. Its prob a good drive.for you. But its much cheaper than what you paid (when there on sale). They are $34 cheaper per ton. Only a couple times a year. Normally about $200 (give or take/time of year/location).

Good choice on pellets for your supplier. Dexter and i live close to another and we both love Somerset pellets! We have both tried many brands of pellet and found that Somerset get each of us some of the highest btu's per lb. Have some of the lowest ash content out of all the pellets We have tried. Its an all around good quality pellet. Cant go wrong with Somerset. Ive bought 2 tons this season for 210$ a ton and am probably invest in a third ton unless I find a better or comparable pellet for cheaper.good buy,and I love the area you live in. We live up in Sullivan,sure you know of black river,being that both schools used to be in the MAC,BACK in the good I'm days

Ah yes the Mac (Mohican Area Conference) now OCC (Ohio Cardinal Conference) I live really close to West Holmes High School.

Somersets are a great pellet, as you can see I have a few ton myself
also Hardwood Heat from TSC, I thought they were TSC exclusive,apparently not
I have noticed some other places around here carrying them
usually priced right, and also burn great, rebagged Hammers

I go into my area Lowes and I swear they are selling pellets faster then ever! They had loads of Greenway then Somerset. I went to get a ton of Somerset and they had half a pallet left. I took them and Greenway. Now they have all North American. So I learned round them up when you have the chance.

oldmountvernon said:
ironpony said:
Somersets are a great pellet, as you can see I have a few ton myself
also Hardwood Heat from TSC, I thought they were TSC exclusive,apparently not
I have noticed some other places around here carrying them
usually priced right, and also burn great, rebagged Hammers

really ? they say right on the bag, bagged for TSC or something like that

the local United feed mill, that I pass daily
has them listed on thier sign out front
might have to stop and check out a bag
see what it says

Status