Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) Somersets at tsc in kingston

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think they had like 6 ton out back. Know they had at least 4. If they still have some I might go down next weekend and get another ton. They seemed to be covered very well. I'm really surprised I found good pellets. I have been calling everywhere. I was about to pay 300 a ton for currans, glad I waited and had help from all the awesome members on here with reviews and places to find them.

I hear you. These forums and the members are invaluable here, and I appreciate the find of these pellets. I'll give an update when I go down today. I'm probably only going to get around 15-20 bags since I'll be bringing our pickup truck. I know the Nassau Ace by me still has Barefoots and has been carrying them all season, but the price has gone up to $6.79/bag. Big box stores around here, as I'm sure you know are not bringing in anything good. I was hoping the Lowes in Hudson would perhaps have something decent around this time like they did last year with the Hamer's, but I called the other day, and they only got in Cheat River, which isn't my favorite. The HD in Kingston and Catskill has Heat'rs which were pretty good in my Harman when I burned them.

Yeah I went to Nassau and tried pellets. Told me there is a 1 ton a month limit. I wish lowes in hudson did get the hamers. That's where I got mine last year. Burned the somersets last night burned great like normal. Just put the first bag of amf in a dirty stove and them seem to burn nice. I burned heatrs and they did burn good but they seem to stick to the side of the hopper bad. I had 3/4 of a hopper full of pellets and it almost ran out because a sink hole formed in the middle. I could actually see the slider for the auger.

Just got back from picking up my 15 bags of Somersets and 3 bags of AWF's.. The Sommers were not on the floor, so I had to ask in customer service. He told me they got 22 tons in and still plenty left. I'm guessing they are being held in back for full ton pickups..as the floor had about 20 bags of AWF's and also half a pallet of Nature's Own which seemed to be the one they were pushing as they were right by the door. Also saw Pure Fires when I went around back to pick up the Somersets. The guy was real nice, told me a few people had called asking about the Somersets already. Said they don't ever know what they get in but figured they got a good stash this time based on feedback they are getting already

I didnt see the Barefoots at the Nassau ACE, maybe I should have asked....

There outside and usually all the way to the left where they have the pellets. Unless they sold out. Idk haven't been there in like 2 weeks.

I got some a week ago...they usually had loose bags in front under the overhang, and for a while they had the pallets wrapped outside near the road. Did you go near closing time? I've been there about an hour before closing and they start fork lifting the loose bags back in the shed. Agreed on the awf..nice smell and very good burning pellet. Going to burn the Somersets tonight and see how they are.

was at that TSC yesterday (1/13/15) no more awf's some generics up front staff said a few other brands outside in back for pallet only sales until the few inside are gone .. seems a daily visit is what it takes to ensure you find the deals when they are available

I just picked up a ton of Somerset at TSC in kingston.

I hear you. These forums and the members are invaluable here, and I appreciate the find of these pellets. I'll give an update when I go down today. I'm probably only going to get around 15-20 bags since I'll be bringing our pickup truck. I know the Nassau Ace by me still has Barefoots and has been carrying them all season, but the price has gone up to $6.79/bag. Big box stores around here, as I'm sure you know are not bringing in anything good. I was hoping the Lowes in Hudson would perhaps have something decent around this time like they did last year with the Hamer's, but I called the other day, and they only got in Cheat River, which isn't my favorite. The HD in Kingston and Catskill has Heat'rs which were pretty good in my Harman when I burned them.
Can you give me any info about the Cheat Rivers please? My Lowes seems to be pushing those.

Can you give me any info about the Cheat Rivers please? My Lowes seems to be pushing those.

I burned a few bags of them last year that I got from my local Lowes. I have a Harman P68, and while they burned them "OK", I had quite a few clinkers and enough ash (without the appropriate heat) that made me think that there were other brands I could obtain that could deliver more heat with the same (if not less) ash. It's important to note that everybody's stoves are different, which is why I would encourage you to try a couple bags to see how they will work for you. I kept it to Barefoot (my personal favorite), Cubex, Ambience, Lignetics and FSU's last year for the most part. Also tried some Dry Creeks last year with moderate success, but Cheat Rivers didn't wow me.

Status
Not open for further replies.