1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Somerset's have arrived!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by oldmountvernon, Nov 15, 2012.

1. oldmountvernon

oldmountvernon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Mass
    I warn you this is not for the weak. Even i get nauseous. So much so i decided to share some with forum member Corkman,It was a pleasure meeting him so i am not the ultimate pig :). and thanks to my daughter for suggesting pics at the end. the thought didnt even enter my mind at the time.The 10 ton near the house are in the basement the rest of the load are in the tent. the pic of the stash in the basement dont really look like 10 ton but my back says different :) And i think corkman wanted to roll around in it :p think i can fit another 3 ton to complete that block

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    jjs777_fzr and smoke show like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Road trip ......
    briansol and jtakeman like this.
  3. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    :eek:
    500 bags hand loaded into the basement!?
  4. oldmountvernon

Loc:
    SE Mass
    wasnt bad i made a slide 3 guys below and i was like a machine feeding them :)
    as you can see i used the pallet jack to get them right to the cellar door
    I swore i wouldnt do this, but i made the decision No more outside storage
  5. Shaw520

Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Modena
    ...getting the craftsman warmed up. _g
    briansol, mepellet and The Ds like this.
  6. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    I gotta ask....Are you a sort of freelance hobby on the side dealer or full fledged alpha swine?

Jaw dropping personal stash if that's the case.
  7. oldmountvernon

Loc:
    SE Mass
    Nah no dealer, Just a sick individual :p
    Melissa220, will711 and smoke show like this.
  8. hotdawg

hotdawg Member

Loc:
    Central, MA
    Holy heat OMV!! Talk about taking Pellet Pig Status to a whole new level! Did you get all 10 tons from Lowes?? Which Lowes? I need to take a road trip down there! Geez. And while I'm at it, I need to get one of those big tents for extra storage and probably a new house with a bigger basement! I have so much envy right now I don't even know where to start!
  9. oldmountvernon

Loc:
    SE Mass
    ummm there is 20 ==c not counting what i had
  10. hotdawg

hotdawg Member

Loc:
    Central, MA
    Wait, I'm a little nauseous right now. Need to sit down for a sec. You said TWENTY?? As in TWENTY on top of the SEVEN you already had of Somersets? Holy crap! Wow.....You're my idol! How the hell did you get the wife to go along with that? That's awesome!
    oldmountvernon likes this.
  11. oldmountvernon

Loc:
    SE Mass
    lol she gave Corkman that answer today, she gets to use as many pellets as she wants and gets it as hot as she wants
  12. jrsdws

jrsdws Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Illinois
    ALL HAIL OMV!
    SwineFlue, The Ds and jtakeman like this.
  13. oldmountvernon

Loc:
    SE Mass
    No please dont im not looking for bragging rights, just want to prove the pellet pig addiction theory
    Start of my 2nd year with 40+ ton on the ground it is a sickness
    but im done now i am going to sell off some of the stash because i am giving up on the outside storage
    Will put as much as i can in the basement and what i will use this season will stay in the garage
  14. corkman

corkman Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SE,Mass
    you all need to take that road trip.pellets as far as the eye can see and what a variety.he has the ultimate set up.a huge lot,all the equipment to handle big loads like this,ample storage right now but hes about to start bursting at the seams and a kick ass stove to boot.his house was at 74 on the 1st floor and upstairs at 70 without using fans and burning maine woods.
    my wife and daughter are in Haiti right now on a mission trip with our church.when she left 7 days ago she made a comment about the amount of pellets in the basement(6 ton )and said thats it ,no more pellets in the basement.she gets back on sat and i know i am gonna hear it.so being the good listener that i am,i have 2 more ton of somersets stacked in the driveway and not in the basement.
    so since im gonna catch an ear full anyways,i should revisit OMV and grab 2 more right?right?
    OMV,thanks again for hookin me up and it was a pleasure shootin the breeze with you and your wife,(and yes ,she is as cool as he claims)Peace ,Corkman
  15. oldmountvernon

Loc:
    SE Mass
    lol your welcome buddy, anytime. you forgot to mention eyeballing my stash like i kid in a candy store.... oh oh look at those hardwood heats... ya go ahead grab a bag ;)
    and remember it was 72 downstairs and 70 upstairs i set it to high while i showed you how far the heat had to travel to get to my over sized bedroom and got to 74 down there pretty quick.

you want more you better wine and dine the wife quick ;)
  16. nailed_nailer

nailed_nailer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma
    Hvae to give you a shout OMV, Looking for a ton or 2

Oh yeah, Nice score, Oh Swiney one!

---Nailer---
  17. corkman

corkman Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SE,Mass
    yes,yes and yes.i was so impressed with the stove ,stash and wifey and not necessarily in that order.thank you for the hardwood heat.will have to try them on a cold night.i was so impressed with the mount vernon.that thing pumped out the heat and raised the temp 2deg in very short time.anyone wanna buy a vistaflame vf55,cheap,real cheap.
  18. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

OMV sounds like a Stand up individual.

Congratulations on the load.... And what a good deed you did.

Oh and Corkman, I will buy the VF-55, but you must deliver! ;)

Glad that 2 people have a good outcome.
  19. oldmountvernon

Loc:
    SE Mass
    nailer, come on down ;)
    Cork, you aint sellin nothing you'll get that thing crankin
    Dex, you are usually always right. but your wrong there. I'm an *** :p
    DexterDay likes this.
  20. Shaw520

Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Modena
    I graciously and respectfully agree,............... hoarding all those sets,... leaving the rest of us here with nervous twitches and anxiety,...insomnia ,.. sleep apnia,...drinking problems,... E.D.>,.... wondering will there be enough Sets left,.. will I make it through the coming winters,... will the price climb to ridiculous prices,.. causing all of us to sell our stoves,..... look what you've done OMV...:(,.... and on your b-day no less,.....:(

have to say though,.. that is SOME b-day present ;)
  21. Paul Raz

Paul Raz Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Orange County, NY
    Wow! Nice stash! I was all proud of myself when I scored two tons. Now it seems measly in comparison. I gotta step up my game.
  22. Salty

Salty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Ma
    hehe better check that stash again I was able to fit 3 ton in that nice boat and I got a nice boat last nite to boot :p
  23. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Hell yah! Old crow has so many now he'll never miss what we snarf! ::-)

Nice stash OMV! What was your addy again? :p
  24. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    Awesome Display right there OMV...Nice birthday present for youself also!!

I will bring you six more tons if you book my on a fishing trip on that sweet boat in the background (Almost didn't see the pellets)!
  25. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry, by repetitive behaviors aimed at reducing the associated anxiety, or by a combination of such obsessions and compulsions. Symptoms of the disorder include excessive washing or cleaning; repeated checking; extreme hoarding; preoccupation with sexual, violent or religious thoughts; relationship-related obsessions; aversion to particular numbers; and nervous rituals, such as opening and closing a door a certain number of times before entering or leaving a room. These symptoms can be alienating and time-consuming, and often cause severe emotional and financial distress. The acts of those who have OCD may appear paranoid and potentially psychotic. However, OCD sufferers generally recognize their obsessions and compulsions as irrational, and may become further distressed by this realization
    sinnian, kykel, DexterDay and 2 others like this.