Somersets In NH/Southern ME?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbreda

Minister of Fire
Aug 3, 2009
Lakes Region, NH
Anyone seeing Somersets in the NH/Southern ME area at good prices this year? Last year Lowes in Newington had them for a short time, but not yet this year.

The mill said no pellets going to big boxes in NE. I have some but on a waiting list until december 1st

pelletdude said:
The mill said no pellets going to big boxes in NE.

Guess that sums it up. Glad I picked up enough Spruce Points when I did for the winter. I would have added a few ton of these if at a good price.

Thanks for the heads up.

Seems were do have a fiber shortage, Well for certain brands anyway. I see limited quantites of Barefoots, Turmans, Somersets, and rumors Hamer's could be next.

Just grabbed 5 bags of Somersets on the way home today. I really dont need them (At All). But if I get them 5-10 bags at a time, just once or twice a week. I will have a ton of them in the basement and the Wife will be will have no clue and be none wiser to my little pellet addiction.... Nah. She will find out. And call me crazy until its 0 outside and its 90 in here. Then she will be telling me how great I am... At least thats how I am justifying it and seeing it in my head..... yep... thats definitely how its going to go.

DexterDay said:
Just grabbed 5 bags of Somersets on the way home today. I really dont need them (At All). But if I get them 5-10 bags at a time, just once or twice a week. I will have a ton of them in the basement and the Wife will be will have no clue and be none wiser to my little pellet addiction.... Nah. She will find out. And call me crazy until its 0 outside and its 90 in here. Then she will be telling me how great I am... At least thats how I am justifying it and seeing it in my head..... yep... thats definitely how its going to go.

I thought I had "it" really BAD! You ARE sick with the "sickness" brother! :cheese:

j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:

I thought I had "it" really BAD! You ARE sick with the "sickness" brother! :cheese:
I keep telling myself that its for testing. I do t do in depth testing and post it the way you do... But I have my "log-book" that has all my stats.. Heat levels, ash, fines, ash color, and then the back half of the book is all electrical related. The Kill-a-Watt meter I bought last season had me transfixed on the usage. I was astounded to find how little electric that the Quad uses on low (about 65 watts) and the direct correlation to cost. Less than $100 a season is amazing!!

I dont measure density like you do, but with a new season coming. I may do a little more this year. With the baby (4 months old) I dont know how much free time I will have. Wont be long and she will be crawling. My Son just turned 10 and is looking forward to helping me even more this year with the cleaning process (kid is smart and knows that when he grows up, he will have a Harman PF-100 and a freestanding stove in a room so he can always see fire. Like I said, smart kid)

Looking forward to another great season with you guys.... and gals..

Status
Not open for further replies.