Somersets on sale $3.59/bag at Menards in Ohio

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwalleye

Jan 16, 2011
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
My dad texted me earlier today from the Menards in Sandusky, OH letting me know they had pellets on sale for $3.59/bag or $179.50/ton.

Wouldn't you know it, I had just bought a ton of Somersets last week at Menards in Massilon, OH, at $4.49/bag or $224.50/ton. Since my purchase was inside of 14 days, Menards gave me the difference between the regular price 224.50 and sale price 179.50 in store credit. I promptly put that $45 toward my next ton.

Menards in Massilon still had 50-60 pallets of Somersets in stock when I left at 3pm today. I didn't notice any other brands there.

My dad said the Menards in Sandusky had both Somersets and something else in a white bag out of Michigan that he couldn't recall the name of. Just FYI if you are looking for Somersets you'd better look close.

Happy heating.

Yep... Couple times a year Menards runs that sale. One of the best pellets around here (for a dandy price). Just gotta talk the Wife into thinking I need more!!! ;-P

Oh and BTW... Those Greene Golds are a very good pellet. Right up there with Somersets. Ash may be a little less than Somersets. Thanks again

oldmountvernon said:
Damn you ohio guys!

X2, Almost as bad as those east coast member scoring Doug fir for $230/ton. Now I feel really sick! Probably will have to call in tomorrow and go pellet hunting instead! Errrr!

Will be stopping on the way home from work this week. Little car can safely move 10 bags/trip. Last month they had the Magic Sparks (pro pellet). And I just began to remove bags from the stash last week...

And to think the Menards near me just stocked up on a truckload of Wood Fibers Inc pellets. Only $179/ton though.

pelletash said:
And to think the Menards near me just stocked up on a truckload of Wood Fibers Inc pellets. Only $179/ton though.

:lol: They would have to be $79/ton and you'd still hafta mix them with something decent. :exclaim:

smoke show said:
pelletash said:

:lol: They would have to be $79/ton and you'd still hafta mix them with something decent. :exclaim:

Not sure I'd pay that much for them. It was painful burning the few bags I picked up just for the heck of it. Those get my vote for the worst pellet i've ever burned.

Thanks for the heads up! I ran to Tipp City OH Menards yesterday after seeing post and bought 70 bags. Normal price around here is 4.50-4.75

Status
Not open for further replies.