Something about yourself a stranger would never think about you if walking down the street?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
Was just thinking about this as i bake a cheesecake.
I am a big burly dude. 6'5 325 usually wear a beard and mustache.
Not in the best of shape, married with kids. Typical guy, fish, hunt, use welders and chainsaws, work in oil/gas field, wear a lot of Carhartt.

If someone saw me walking down the street i really don't think "he bakes cheesecake" would come to mind.
Most folks would probably walk to the other side. Anything about yourself similar to this?

I doubt anyone walking down the street would think of connecting me with woodstoves.

bfunk13 said:
Was just thinking about this as i bake a cheesecake.
I am a big burly dude. 6'5 325 usually wear a beard and mustache.
Not in the best of shape, married with kids. Typical guy, fish, hunt, use welders and chainsaws, work in oil/gas field, wear a lot of Carhartt.

If someone saw me walking down the street i really don't think "he bakes cheesecake" would come to mind.
Most folks would probably walk to the other side. Anything about yourself similar to this?

Just this part -
" I am a big burly dude. 6’3" 285 usually wear a beard and mustache.
Not in the best of shape. Typical guy, fish, hunt, use welders and chainsaws, work in a paper mill, wear a lot of Carhartt"

This really got me thinkin'.
I'm 6'6" and slim so I would have to say people wouldn't think I hate Basketball.
Loathe it.
Oh, and I love to cook too.

Strangers would never guess that I'm just the lovable guy that posts on these forums, Randy

No one would ever think I love woodburning and chopping wood. I am very "girly" and most would think I don't like to get dirty....
Fact is....I love getting dirty...... ;-) :lol:
(All the jewelry comes off when I am down to business getting dirty though)

Bfunk....bet you make a mean cheesecake...do share the recipe... :)

A guy we know once described my buddy Sean and I as looking out of place no matter where we were. I took that as a major compliment, and I hope it means that people don't know what to expect.

Oh- I'm short and pretty average frame.

GAMMA RAY said:
No one would ever think I love woodburning and chopping wood. I am very "girly" and most would think I don't like to get dirty....
Fact is....I love getting dirty...... ;-) :lol:
Good one, i would never expect this behavior from you! ;-)

I love getting dirty myself - but you can probably tell when I'm walking down the street!

I've always been a poor liar, so what you see is probably what you get....although it might be hard to tell I lived in a commune (in an old army tent with a floor) for a few years......

I'd say it's tough to tell that I once had hair.

people seeing me on the street would have no idear how strange I really am....I look so unassuming.

I heard Craig is a collector of porcelain clowns....he's got hundreds of them....who woulda thunk it?
Pen told me so it must be true... :)

People seeing me, and maybe picking up a slight scent of used mix oil downwind, probably wouldn't guess how much geeky fun I've had over years building computers and networks, and administering databases. Don't ask, don't tell. Except that linux rules.

I tend to disappoint people when they meet me in person after chatting with me on line . . . ;) I think they expect some 6 foot three beefcake of a firefighter with rippling muscles and golden locks of hair and not a short, fat, balding guy with glasses.

Hello Everybody,

No one would believe I'm a wood burner..I'm a gidget 5"1 - people would not think I haul and stack..Hey Bfunk what kind of cheesecake?.Ya had me drooling with the thread on homemade pizza!!! Hope you're still smoke free and Gamma's foot is healing...

Punxsutawney Phil proclaimed 6 more weeks of winter-great for wood burners....Happy Ground Hog's Day...

Hey Jake don't sell yourself short-ya got a sense of humor and brains....

piejam said:
Hello Everybody,

No one would believe I'm a wood burner..I'm a gidget 5"1 - people would not think I haul and stack..Hey Bfunk what kind of cheesecake?.Ya had me drooling with the thread on homemade pizza!!! Hope you're still smoke free and Gamma's foot is healing...

Punxsutawney Phil proclaimed 6 more weeks of winter-great for wood burners....Happy Ground Hog's Day...

Hey Jake don't sell yourself short-ya got a sense of humor and brains....

Well I do have a sense of humor . . . not so sure about the brains.

Glad to see you're still here PieJam . . . hopefully things are going well with you.

Piejam brought up a good question . . .

How are you doing on the smoking thing BFunk?

firefighterjake said:
I tend to disappoint people when they meet me in person after chatting with me on line . . . ;) I think they expect some 6 foot three beefcake of a firefighter with rippling muscles and golden locks of hair and not a short, fat, balding guy with glasses.

funny

yep! Lovin it!

129 days, 2 hours, 47 minutes and 9 seconds smoke free.
2841 cigarettes not smoked.
$780.45 and 21 days, 16 hours of your life saved.
Your quit date: 9/26/2011 6:00:00 AM

bfunk13 said:
firefighterjake said:

funny

yep! Lovin it!

129 days, 2 hours, 47 minutes and 9 seconds smoke free.
2841 cigarettes not smoked.
$780.45 and 21 days, 16 hours of your life saved.
Your quit date: 9/26/2011 6:00:00 AM

Fantastic . . . some day I suspect your kids will thank you when they find out what you did for them.

People don't think anything of me. UNTIL I TELL THEM I MAKE FIRESTARTERS! Then they gasp, st-udder, wonder why I would do that. Then I have to calm and reassure them it is legal.
Thomas

People rarely assume correctly what I actually do for a living. Most of them guess me as a farmer. Probably do to the 6 ft 245 pound bearded, hat and carhart wearing, dirt under the finger nails image I seem to drag around.

For the record - I am a system admin/network admin, bottle washer and diaper changer of the computer world.

I will tell you guyz one other thing about me and that is it.
You would not guess by looking at me but I have anger management problems....but I am working on that...
:lol: :ahhh: :shut:,

Shocking...I know...

...That I used to be a drunk.

Hey Gamma,

You anger mgt??? naaah...I'd ask you about your "hoof" but then I would need a proctologist!

Regards-D

Status
Not open for further replies.