Something funny going on ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim3854

Nov 20, 2011
Rhode island
Ok was delivering concrete in upton ma today right near the pellet plant so I took a walk around I noticed at least 4 different brands of pellets all coming out of the same batch Most were for 1800 Pellets. One thing for sure they are pumping tons of pellets out of there.

Oakie rebags?

I visited a Ralston-Purina cereal plant that made corn flakes many years ago. Ralston marketed Cornchecks and Wheatchecks but not corn flakes. I asked them about what was going on and their reply was: " If you buy a box of corn flakes and it doesn't say Kellogg on it, we made it." They were the worlds largest manufacturer of corn flakes but didn't even market them under their own name.

My Harman can burn corn flakes no problem.

Reactions: Hoot23
I got this email this morning.....................................

Okies are Okies …….period

Scratched my head as I didn't know What The Heck it was all about. Did some digging and found this thread. So, I emailed Mr. Warm and asked what they are bagging at the upton plant. His reply...........

Just Okies and Black Hills….........

So then I asked if they were selling to 1-800-pellets. His reply.............................

No….we haven't sold them in 4 years…..there is some of their product and even some Inferno's there….but we have nothing to do with either…..
PS….NONE of our product is stored outside at ANY TIME…..

Didnt see any infernos there but couldnt tell what kind were under the 1800 pellets white cover.

Took a ride to the UPTON MA plant ... Tons and tons of 1800 pellets. Clean fire pellets. some canadian brand I think to. All batched from same plant. All stored outside

Attachments

• pellets 1.jpg
    pellets 1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 199
  • pellets 2.jpg
    pellets 2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 193
  • pellets 3.jpg
    pellets 3.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 193
  • pellets 4.jpg
    pellets 4.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 197
  • pellets 5.jpg
    pellets 5.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 193
  • pellets 6.jpg
    pellets 6.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 199
Your OP said they were all out of the same batch. Are you sure? I've read on here that the Cleanfires are a decent pellet. I would be surprised they were the same as all the other.

Mr. Warm,

It is time to visit that plant like right now, it could be that they off load all ready bagged pellets as well there since there is a rail siding.

....I've read on here that the Cleanfires are a decent pellet......

No, they're not. Just re-bagged NEWP's from the NY Schuylerville plant.....below average, even for a shoulder pellet....take that from someone who had 4 tons of them......beware.

One of those pics look like LG'...wasn't it rumored that the Cleanfire Pacifics were LG?
If those CleanFires are actually the softwood version, then I take back what I said above....I am only referring to the hardwood version of them ;sick

makes one wonder when there are so many different labels on pellets coming out of one plant . what are we really paying for ?

O'boy, Surprised I haven't got an email or the phone ringin!

In my latest chat with Doug, He told me Viridis Energy Inc. does NOT own the bagging plant. Its owner leased the plant to them. The only pellets bagged in the plant are Okies and Now Blackhills. No other pellet is bagged in that plant! The owners of the property also warehouse(I think that's what he said) the yard to others including Inferno's. Its basically a depot for holding product that will be shipped to other dealers in the area. Obviously Woodpellets.com also is using this as a storage area to hold pellets that are going to be shipped to the area.

Just passing on what I have been told. Don't shoot the pigeon!

im sure he knows whats going on Smokey.No one in his position is going to tell you 100 % of whats going on there ( and i dont blame him) Nice job on the Pics Jim

I'm not going to argue that OMV just that considering that the bagging operation hasn't appeared to be able to keep up with the demand for OAKies I find it incredulous that other products would be being put through the bagging operation. Offloading/loading of already bagged products at a rail terminal or siding I can understand.

makes one wonder when there are so many different labels on pellets coming out of one plant . what are we really paying for ?

You don't know those palleted pellets came out of the bagging plant or off of or going on to a train or other carrier.

no we don't , but we don't know what's really going on in area 51 either . why are these other pellets being stored in someone else's factory if they are not from there ? and why has the price of pellets skyrocketed to over $300 ?

the next thing you know you'll be telling me that we actually landed on the moon :p

Not saying anything bad just suprised to see so many brands up there. I would like to be a test pilot for different brands.

I talked to the manager and he said he would only sell if I wanted to purchase a flat bed truck load. They cant sell to the public. I would sweep the floor tho lol

Status
Not open for further replies.