something on the lighter side

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
Wife thinks i need professional help lol. I was using the leaf blower to clean up the yard when it shorted out and caught fire, I told her that we need a new one. She just looked at me and said why dont you just rake the leaves? I could do that, but I need one to clean the stove out. She just shooked her head and said that I have issues. It can be 90 degs out and I am looking at pellets.

Yep...this confirms it. You definitely have the addiction :lol:
You need 2 leaf blowers instead. One for the stove and one for the yard ;-)

You ain't the one with the "issues" you are just getting all of your ducks in line.

I always bunker up in advance, I can't count on a big vehicle being able to get here in the winter or mud season.

November is about the last month I'd attempt a pellet delivery until May.

I did the leaf blower trick for the first time this year, I'm glad I tried it out when none of my neighbors were home. I blocked the sun for a good 1/2 hour..LOL

ct_administrator said:
I did the leaf blower trick for the first time this year, I'm glad I tried it out when none of my neighbors were home. I blocked the sun for a good 1/2 hour..LOL

Got my tools and adapter all set up. Do the leaf blower thing after each ton of pellets. No longer get the "smoke monster" I did at first. Now only a little gray cloud followed by a white one then clear. Whole thing only take 10 to 15 min. and the bower is back in it's box set on the shelve in the garage waiting unit the next time.
I keep the tools and duct tape, and extension cord all together. I use a remote control so I can be away from the leaf blower when I turn it on and off. (asthma)
For the leaves, I got a gas powered blower. Too many issues with dragging a cord around the yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.