Sometimes it is difficult to believe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Of all times for it to happen, but then, there is never a good time. This week and weekend we seem to have some idiots going to cemeteries and removing flowers that people have placed on grave sites. At first I couldn't believe it but it is happening. Let us hope someone gets caught (and not by me) and punished. Let us also hope this is a short lived fad or whatever they want to call it.

Rant over.

Disrespectful. I have read stories of people stealing pocketbooks out of cars when people are visiting graves of loved ones. It is really the last place you would expect it.

We had a very valuable urn on our family plot. It had been their for over 30 years. Then one year it was gone. It was very heavy, cast. The care taker said that several had been taken. They were being resold to estates. I bought a much less valuable urn to replace it. That one disappeared just after being placed. Now I use a cheap plastic urn. No one touches it.
I filed a report with the police, but it didn't get any attention. The care taker wants people to stop using containers and plant directly in the ground.

The flower theft thing happens in lots of place. Some even take them and then put them on another grave. Rotten thing to do.

Here's a good story for a change:
I am a trustee on the local cemetery board. This past Friday it rained heavily all day and it was quite cold. The guy that mows for us worked 12 hours Friday getting the cemetery ready for this weekend. I just can't imagine mowing for that long in the cold and rain. Today the cemetery looked great!

We had a rash of urns and plaques being stolen from cemeteries a couple years ago. Folks were stealing anything made of copper or brass. I'm guessing meth heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.