Song(s) you like that everyone makes fun of you for?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
I was working in the basement today when the wife caught me rocking out to this:

Even my Canadian roommate in college would roll his eyes if I put this song on. I dunno...I've just always loved this song. Great story, great nautical feel, and actually it turned me onto Gordon Lightfoot in general. Loving the cold, the outdoors, and ice hockey gives me a soft spot for Canadians I guess.

I was working in the basement today when the wife caught me rocking out to this:

Even my Canadian roommate in college would roll his eyes if I put this song on. I dunno...I've just always loved this song. Great story, great nautical feel, and actually it turned me onto Gordon Lightfoot in general. Loving the cold, the outdoors, and ice hockey gives me a soft spot for Canadians I guess.

Always heart me some Gordon Lightfoot like whooaa :)

I love this song and am not ashamed ;)

And this one....

One more but I could do this all night ;)

Reactions: firefighterjake
Nothing wrong with that song, plays on the radio quite often even. 100.9 Country Legends

Reactions: ScotO
Always heart me some Gordon Lightfoot like whooaa :)

Ahh, If You Could Read My Mind................. one of my 2 favorite Karaoke songs that I can actually do a pretty good job on, the other is "My Maria"

I was working in the basement today.........................Even my Canadian roommate in college would roll his eyes if I put this song on.........................Great story, great nautical feel, and actually it turned me onto Gordon Lightfoot in general. Loving the cold, the outdoors, and ice hockey gives me a soft spot for Canadians I guess.

Yes I love that one too. A big fan of Gordon here also................. but my favorite of his is "Canadian Railroad Trilogy", another great story.............. and I lived the cold outdoors playing hockey in Buffalo too. Would buz over the bridges and spend a lot of time in Canada in my younger years, grew up on good canadian brews!

Watch this once a week, shed a tear every time....

Love me some MJ
Espicaly this cover

Or this one

omg, i catch sooo much hello from my daughter,

im eclectic when it comes to music, have everything from public enemy to hanson in my mp3. old johnny cash, waylon, beck, beasties, marshal tucker,

as for ABBA's dancing queen, a group named "a-teens" did a credible cover of it a couple years ago (video mimic'd the breakfast club, even had the same guy that played the principle in it)

Reactions: Hearth Mistress
If it helps, my nieces and nephews from Montana just died about a half an hour ago as I went word-for-word on "Straight outta Compton" NWA.
Old guy's can be cool, too.

yeah, i got the album. not somthing you play at a bar mitzva ;) but good stuff

"when im called off, i got a sawed off, squeeze the trigger and bodies are hauled off..."

Reactions: Beetle-Kill
best album? debatable (rap wise , possibly, was quite good and i still play it) but overall its too broad a spectrum for one single album to be "best" album

heck, my absolute fav album of all time is Robert Cray's "strong persuader" bad thing is not many folks know of him, fantastic guitarist, saw him live in El Paso tx. on that tour, been a huge fan ever since.

Reactions: PapaDave
Well it's all subjective, so I get to say that and be spot on.

That collaboration, and that album in particular, combined the funk of the 70's with the electric beats of the 80's, threw in a large dose of anarchy, and changed the music scene as we know it. They paved the way for hip hop---the dominant culture of modern music.

I have listened to that Robert Cray album quite a few times.

"Thrift Shop"
Love this song. Makes me smile every time I hear/watch it.

I'm not going to post a link, but you can find it on YouTube with something like almost 80million views. There is some (but not a ton) foul language, so be warned.

Ohhhh, almost forgot about my favorite "acapela" group's cover of that song. Watch their clean version and then some of their other songs, they are awesome.

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.