Song Wrecking Time Again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
An entry in The Ash Can just reminded me that it is that time of year when I start mangling songs.

With no apologies whatsoever to The Monkeys

Oh, I hide neath sheet
And hear the furnace start to heat
And wish the six o'clock alarm would never ring
Whoops it's ringing and I rise
Wipe the frost out of my eyes
My shaving razor's cold and it stings

Stoke up that mean machine
Oh, what it will mean
To a dry wood believer
And a home heating king

Stoke up that mean machine
Oh, what it will mean
To a dry wood believer
And a home heating king

Like many of us here it appears as though you have entirely too much time on your hands....

It has it's charm.

Wonder how many of the 'younger' generation even know who the Monkeys are???

The goofy songs are a product of drinking beer while splitting wood. Must be the breathing of the mixture of exhaust fumes and the smell of red oak. :) Can't be the beer.

Sounds like a toxic mixture to me. Have you had the local EPA come and test your work sight. :lol:

Hey hey we're the Monkees (c'mon, get the spelling right :) ). They peaked when I was in Kindergarten and even had a show for awhile that I liked. I still like their music, but I have some weird tastes.

Archie said:
Hey hey we're the Monkees (c'mon, get the spelling right :) ). They peaked when I was in Kindergarten and even had a show for awhile that I liked. I still like their music, but I have some weird tastes.

Really know how to make a guy feel old. They peaked while I was out of town on business wearing a green suit and carrying a gun for a living. :shut:

I like the original Monkees adaptation that came about when the Sierra was replaced:

I’m burning clean, I’m a believer

I thought clean was only true in fairy tales
Meant for some other burner and not for me
My stove was out to get me
That’s the way it seemed
Smoking chimneys haunted all my dreams

Then I bought a new stove, now I’m a believer
Not a trace of smoke in the sky
I couldn’t go back if I tried

I thought smoke was more or less a given thing
Seems the more I tried the more I got
What’s the use in tryin?
All you get is smoke
When I needed heat I got tar

perplexed said:
Like many of us here it appears as though you have entirely too much time on your hands....

It has it's charm.

Wonder how many of the 'younger' generation even know who the Monkeys are???

Used to listen to thier LP in the basement (3rd grade, late seventies)on an old fold up player that gave me a shock whenever I moved the arm - I later learned what a ground fault was.

The Monkees, silly show on Monday nite, IIRC...
Gotta admit, for what started out as a non-existent band, their songs
were always in the top 40 on AM radio back in the day...
How about the show that aired right after (or was it before? freekin CRS...)
The Banana Splits....
Anyone?

Tra, La, La....

I love the Monkees!

When I started reading the sentence about your green suit I figured you were talking about a leisure suit but then when I got to the second part, realized there was nothing leisure about it!

DAKSY said:
The Banana Splits....
Anyone?

Yes, I remember the Banana Splits. They were big around the same time as the Monkees. They had a catchy tune that escapes me now. Time for Google.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=266300194639090270#

DAKSY said:
The Banana Splits....
Anyone?
One banana, 2 banana, 3 banana, 4

BeGreen said:
I like the original Monkees adaptation that came about when the Sierra was replaced:

I thought clean was only true in fairy tales
Meant for some other burner and not for me
My stove was out to get me
That’s the way it seemed
Smoking chimneys haunted all my dreams

I thought smoke was more or less a given thing
Seems the more I tried the more I got
What’s the use in tryin?
All you get is smoke
When I needed heat I got tar

I don't what is more frightening . . .the song mangling or that you were able to dig it up from a 4 year old thread.

myzamboni said:
I don't what is more frightening . . .the song mangling or that you were able to dig it up from a 4 year old thread.

Or Zambo - that some of us are still here 4 years later and remember it. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
Archie said:

Really know how to make a guy feel old. They peaked while I was out of town on business wearing a green suit and carrying a gun for a living. :shut:

Which one of the "Smokey and the Bandit" movies were you in, BB? Or was is Cannonball Run? :)

You guys are a bunch of young uns'. Ya' have to back to Bo Diddley to listen to the greatest hits (with due respect to CCR's "Proud Mary"). I'll bet none of youse guys ever saw the movie "The Beast With Five Fingers" starring Peter Lorre(sp). Scared the hell out of me in third grade. Didn't sleep four nights. My god, I can't believe I participated in this thread. Have we all lost the little sense we were born with?

John_M

Sen. John Blutarsky said:
BrotherBart said:
Archie said:

Which one of the "Smokey and the Bandit" movies were you in, BB? Or was is Cannonball Run? :)

Smokey and the Bandit. I was Burt Reynolds body double. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.