Soon to be new Castle Serenity owner.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mylt1

Sep 21, 2015
Virginia
Thanks to the people here and reviews on other sites i just purchased a Serenity stove from Ace. It should be delivered in the next week so im looking for any tips or tricks for install and what pellets run well in this stove.

FYI, anyone looking to also grab on Ace is running a 15% off sale till the end of the month.

There are a couple Serenity stove owners on the site. They hopefully will check in and maybe give you a few pointers. One calls his a "lean mean Chinese heating machine"
Welcome

i still have a lot to read on here as time permits. i was disappointed that Ace didnt have the chimney install kit, just the peaces. another 15% off that would have been nice as well. LOL. the wife seems to only be concerned with what type of protective mat we have to put under it. she saw one at tractor supply but its way to big and not meant for a corner install so i may have to do some custom work to make her happy. LOL

Probably better off with getting the pieces you need and not a box of smaller sections. Many here have made custom hearths and is pretty easy and not that expensive.

i have a constriction background so thats my plan. i can make it just the way she wants it and even add some custom touches to it instead of having something just off the shelf. most people would be suprised what you can do with a circular saw, some MDF, some tile and off the shelf molding.

congrats on the new stove,that's a great deal you got on a great stove,going into the third year with mine and not a single problem so far.installation process is basically the same as any other stove would be and there is plenty of info. here on that.I have burned too many brands of pellets to list and never had a jamb or problem, only difference is heat output and ash.I got the best heat and least ash out of Greenways so if you can find any snatch them up.

Reactions: CleanFire
a friend of mine recommended easyblaze so i think thats where i will start. they are available locally(like literally 5 mins from my house) for $270 a ton. goind to grab an install kit and 45* elbow next time in up at lowes along with tile and some MDF for the base.

Just an fyi...I just ordered a vent cap and the 3" wall thimble from Home Depot online.....got BOTH for $60! Yes they are duravent. And congrats on the new stove and welcome!

i just priced out everything separate and it was pretty much the same price as the kits. i havent checked ace though. might be worth it to check with the 15% sale still going on.

well, ACE emailed me yesterday with a "we have cancelled your order." seems they were out of stock and they didnt get in any new stoves on their last order. just to ease my own mind and to find out what i called them. the lady i spoke with was very nice and informed me they should be getting another order in the next week or so and to call back to confirm they have them in stock. she also said they will still honor the sale price when they do come back in stock so at least its not that bad. if i hadnt called them i would have never known they would still honor the sale price and would have had to pay more. sometimes it helps to be curious about things. LOL

Hello Guys. I'm a new Serenity owner.
Check out my installation.
I have a few questions to guru owners of the same stove, would you please direct me to where I should post them?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20150912_191233.jpg
    IMG_20150912_191233.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20150913_134234.jpg
    IMG_20150913_134234.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20150913_151232.jpg
    IMG_20150913_151232.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20150920_130859.jpg