Soot eater comes today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoolGuyinCT

Feeling the Heat
Jan 17, 2012
Plymouth CT
Like the title says.. This should be fun, with mild temps coming this week.

Doesn't come with a vacuum adaptor like the linteater, any mcguyvers out there?

Ray

I have a Sootmaster vacuum cleaner, awesome unit. Not sure what a "soot eater" is?

Eric

thanks.

The original LintEater still works better, IMO. It comes w/ an adapter that will fit right onto the bottom of a cleanout T, the vacuum hooks right to that, and the flex rod goes right through a small hole. Turn the vac on, insert the brush and connect the rods, plug adapter onto T, away you go....no muss, no fuss.

Reactions: mepellet
All you fancy panty people. Back in the day I have cleaned stoves pipe with a broomstick and a rag tied to the end. Geeeeez you all are making me feel old. Hey is there one of the iPhone apps for this stove cleaning?

eric

Reactions: Heatsource
The original LintEater still works better, IMO. It comes w/ an adapter that will fit right onto the bottom of a cleanout T, the vacuum hooks right to that, and the flex rod goes right through a small hole. Turn the vac on, insert the brush and connect the rods, plug adapter onto T, away you go....no muss, no fuss.

Is that all you have to do to clean out the vent pipe?

That's all I do during the heating season....

At the end of the season I take my "nozzle" off and clean it up to look new again... But as far as venting that's all I do to clean it all.

Besides attaching an electric dill to the end to spin the rod/brush, that's it. The 3 supplied rods are plenty for me to do mine.

Homemade shop vac adaptor PVC 2" y cleanout fitting and a fernco, works mint

I'll get you pic over next few days, lots of travel this week.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.