Soot on Vinyl Siding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiana

Feeling the Heat
Dec 5, 2010
Earth
I had an air combustion problem in the beginning of the year. I found that my OAK was clogged. This caused a very dirty burn which resulted in my vinyl siding around my exhaust cap to become black. This is a large area. Around 50 sq. ft. Anyone out there have a cleaning solution. Vinyl Siding cleaner from HD didn't do much, neither did the pressure washer. Help. The wife grows angry every time she pulls the car in the driveway.

Repeated soakings with warm soupy water and elbow grease. Might do the job. It is like removing crud from a bad burning stove's glass.

Try a mixture of pool liquid chlorine 60%, detergent (liquid ajax) 5% and water 35%, apply with brush or if you have a pressure washer from bottom to top on the soaping stage let sit for a few minutes and rinse off (preferably with a pressure washer with white tip or low velocity) from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.