1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Sooteater does work in a BKK from the inside.

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Beetle-Kill, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado- near the Divide
    Fish the ball behind the center support at the bypass opening, wedge the head about 6" into the pipe and go to work. Only issue was the door edge marred the surface of the rods a little, not enough to be concerned about though. I used a cordless 18v drill, no issues.
    I did cut the whips to 5" from the ball beacause as I suspected, the ball did ride the walls of the pipe on the 45's. Seemed to work fine.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webby3650

webby3650 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    That's good. I just use the Viper with a poly brush, it works great. I've never used a sooteater, but I hear it's a good alternative.
  3. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado- near the Divide
    Viper looks good, but a little pricey for me.
    I posted this because I said I would when I finally did it. I bet jeff-t will breathe a sigh of relief, knowing it will work on his sisters pipe.
    I went 3-rods up from the inside, to the first hard bend. Then 5 rods down from the top to that same bend. Worked like a charm.
  4. webby3650

webby3650 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    I really like to push the broom from one end to the other. Just to make absolutely sure the flue is clear.