Sooteater doesnt look so good

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebring

Oct 3, 2011
PA
I just got the 2 sets of sooteater in the mail. Reading through the instructions, and it says the rods will break if used at a 90* angle. WHAT? I have a flexible liner with the bottom having a 22" T snout. So theres no way to use this thing in the basement. I thought these rods were going to be more flexible than they are.

I've used mine at close to a 90 degree angle with no issues. What is height of the chimney?

27 feet... I might need to remove the T snout and try and get a little better angle

My insert is basically on the floor, so I thought it was going to be real tough to make the angle up through the firebox into the liner. The rods worked fine.
I had to get 2 kits as well, as it was appx 27 feet to the top of mine....worked fine....no issues.
One thing I did notice when disconnecting the rods.......if the lock was at any type of an angle..even slight, it was hard to get the rods apart....so, I had much better luck removing them when I had about 3 rod lenghts on the floor...seemed to take the pressure of the little quick lock connector.
I think if you take it steady and slow you should be fine

Flexable uh.

Attachments

• flexPM.jpg
    flexPM.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 267
Status
Not open for further replies.