Sooteater on sale!

EatenByLimestone Posted By EatenByLimestone, Jan 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM

1. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    Amazon has it for $42. I needed enough to reach to the top of a 25 foot chimney. When comparing the price of extra rods, it was only $2 more expensive to buy a 2nd Sooteater. I now have 2 on the way.

Yea me!

Matt

2. Ash Dragon

Ash Dragon

Dec 28, 2012
    Loc:
    Batavia, NY
    I did the same thing, with a 28' chimney, and it worked like a charm. I think it would go up 100' if you needed it to. Just drape your insert and withdraw it with a wet rag to clean the rods on the way out. I never have to go up on ladder again. Woohoo!

3. greythorn3

greythorn3
    Minister of Fire

Oct 8, 2007
    Loc:
    Alaska
    whats the regular price? that seems pretty pricey too.

4. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    A quick google showed a bunch of places selling them in the low 50s to low 60s.

Matt

5. fabsroman

fabsroman
    Minister of Fire

Jun 1, 2011
    Loc:
    West Friendship, Maryland
    Amazon used to have them listed at around $45. The price dropped to $42 about a month ago while it was in my wish list and I received an e-mail. Like the OP, I bought two sets of them because I have close to a 30' chimney. Have yet to try the thing out, but have picked up a ton of tips from this site regarding how to use it without making a huge mess.

6. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy
    Minister of Fire

Feb 12, 2012
    Loc:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    What are you buying. I see a kit but I haven't seen where it says what length this thing is. I also see another kit for arounf &5 that has all kinds of "stuff" with it, bo no length. I need about 25 ft.

7. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    The Sooteater RCH205 Rotary Chimney Cleaning System cleans wood stove and fireplace flues. Spinning chimney whip removes dangerous soot and creosote buildup better than a brush. Helps prevent flue fires. Unique trim to fit design fits multiple flue sizes. Will work on round from 5 to 18-Inch in diameter; 12=Inch x 12-Inch square, rectangle or oval flues up to 8-Inch x 12-Inch. Won't scratch metal flues like a steel brush. Fits through tight areas. Fits on any drill and spins forward and reverse. Cleans from the bottom up without getting on a ladder so you can DIY and save money. Includes (6) 3-Feet long flexible rods with reversible bottom link quick connect system.

The regular kit includes 18 feet of rods. You can buy 6 ft for $20. You'd need 2 kits so you might as well spend $2 extra and get a replacement head.

Matt

8. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy
    Minister of Fire

Feb 12, 2012
    Loc:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    Thanks Matt! I'll place the order as quick as I get off here!:)

9. weatherguy

weatherguy
    Minister of Fire

Feb 20, 2009
    Loc:
    Central Mass
    Thanks for posting, Ive wanted one of these for a while.

10. jeff_t

jeff_t
    Minister of Fire

Sep 14, 2008
    Loc:
    SE MI
    I was at a stove shop the other day and they were $89.95.

11. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    One of the two came 2 days ago. I wish the other would make it here so I could do th chimney.

Getting the lower half really won't get me too far.

12. Jack Fate

Jack Fate
    Feeling the Heat

Jan 17, 2013
    Loc:
    Northwest Ohio
    Dumb question alert
    so how do you think this would work on a 8" single wall stovepipe with 3/90's & a gob of sheet metal screws protruding inside _g

13. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    That's not a dumb question. For singlewall, I'd adjust get a brush and a single length rod. I'd brush it the old way. This is what I've always done with my 6" singlewall.

Matt

14. Jack Fate

Jack Fate
    Feeling the Heat

Jan 17, 2013
    Loc:
    Northwest Ohio
    through three 90 deg. bends & 30 screws ?. ( currently disassemble into 3 pcs for cleaning)

15. Jack Fate

Jack Fate
    Feeling the Heat

Jan 17, 2013
    Loc:
    Northwest Ohio
    concerned about weed whip lines getting chopped off on screws & question being able to make the bends

16. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    I'd disassemble it. Screws aren't hard to put back in. I use the self drilling ones.

Matt

17. Jack Fate

Jack Fate
    Feeling the Heat

Jan 17, 2013
    Loc:
    Northwest Ohio

Thanks I figured it would not work for me .
    Taking this apart is easy
    Reassembly is a pain , & I use self tapping screws but don't really see the reason as the holes are already there. 18 holes to match up even with marking them it is a struggle to get back together .
    You see this stove has no baffle . I was thinking open stove door & it's a straight shot to the rear flue outlet take soot eater and go right in up over thru to chimney. No dissamblely required. Ha what was I thinking
    Cheers

18. greythorn3

greythorn3
    Minister of Fire

Oct 8, 2007
    Loc:
    Alaska
    Sale still going