Sorry Customer Service Lopi!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.travisindustries.com/contacts.aspx

Wow! They do not deal directly with the public... Contact dealer. That's shady.

I would def try to get the glass from a floor model or something.

I have contacted Travis Industires directly many times for information on my stove and they always have answered and worked with me. My last communication was the removal of the door handle, it seems it was stuck and gaulded on and I didn't want to break the thing getting it off. Needless to say I had to buid a small puller to get it off.

Craig

Last update from Travis industries is that the sales brochure is just a visual representation of the products and is meant to be general in nature. Even though it clearly states you don't have to read the fine print for your peace of mind. Seriously?????

A better view of the brochure, you can read without tilting your head. :)

Attachments

• stove1.JPG
    stove1.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 158
A better view of the brochure, you can read without tilting your head. :)

You have them by the b@ll$ with that document. If you want to play hardball, the easiest way to get at them is to file a complaint in small claims court in your county. A warranty statement like that is a contract of adhesion, meaning, representations, ambiguities and contradictions are strictly enforced against the party that drafted them. You purchased the stove based on their representations and now they are refusing to honor them. Do I suggest this route? No, should be no need for it. You need to be a bit persistent with Lopi and show them that they made the promise and need to keep it. If and when they refuse to honor their word, kick them in the nut sack.

Reactions: Stax
That is my plan if they continue to deny coverage. I just wish they knew the negative press they are getting over this. Seems pretty cut and dry when they put it in print like that. And over a $100 piece of glass! Wow.

Just FYI, it's been fairly standard in the industry for glass and gasket and paint to be covered for only one year. So the length of this warranty is double what I have seen for most of the stuff I sold (including Avalon way back when)...

$100 is cheap for a large piece of ceramic glass.

I suspect the problem here, if any, is that they should not expect a consumer to have to read the owners manual before they buy a stove. If they are going to crow about their warranty in a sales piece, they should at least have *** and some small print about the paint, gasket and glass (if applicable)...

Looking at it from a manufacturers viewpoint, warranties on stove glass of one year are pretty good...since it's a "user operated" appliance - that is, people often hit the glass with logs, maybe the glass screws are tightened or rusted in the field, etc.

IMHO, the warranty is quite good. I don't think we had any stoves during my 20 years in retail where the glass warranty was three years.

Yes, and they must count on it not being worth your or other customer's while to go after them for $100. Not necessarily as issue with the glass quality that has caused them to specifically exclude glass, but the glass is likely to be one of the ore common things damaged in the first five years. If they are clear in their present sales brochure that glass is not covered, that is a strong argument that they know there is an issue with the wording in your brochure. Probably their largest warranty expense if they cover it for 5 years/

Ridiculous that Lopi argues this grey area for $100.

Ridiculous that Lopi argues this grey area for $100.
Might be your opinion, but when I manufactured and imported stoves, it would be very rare for us to go beyond the warranty for anything other than some kind of gross known defect......

I suppose every member here has a different opinion, but I see this as 100% their right...it's not like it happened two weeks after the warranty or was a known defect.

Like every other company, they have bean counters who say what "slack" can be given. It's not about $100, but more about whether they should do stuff for one person....or everyone! There is something to be said for consistency.

Maybe things have changed since I was in the biz (customers seem to expect to be right, even when they are not)......but the written warranty is usually the key to these things.

Anyway, I'm going to close the thread because adding numerous posts to it ain't gonna help. At least folks now know the glass is warranted two years.

Reactions: Christopix
Status
Not open for further replies.