Sorry guys I've been scrounging around whithout posting......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

curber

Feeling the Heat
Oct 6, 2011
south east idaho
I've been scrounging without posting. Sorry. This was a big score for me so I've been busy working it. The landowner had the power co come and drop 4 of these big ash trees. We've hauled close to 4 cord out and it's not over. Been working it sense Tuesday. Got a new splitter also!! Hears some of the action. Pat

edit/ step dad has the easy job of running the splitter leaver....

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 529
Sorry It will only let me do one photo at a time.

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 458
Got more pics to share but its saying not able to receive your transmission at this time. Got some apple and box elder off this scrounge too. Pat

All of these 12 ash trees are eventually coming down. The other's are to the left, They are the taller trees. Guess who gets the wood!! It's only 1/2 mile from the house!!! Pat

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 477
That looks like many years worth of wood. Good stuff too!

Some of the biggest ash I've ever seen. Pat

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 473
Hears another of most of the area. This is before any of the ash came down and I was just working on the apple and box elder.

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 434
curber, nice work. you got any pics of that old husky? kind of a fan of the older stuff.

I'll take some more pics tomorrow. Used the old saw alot on this tell the pull rope broke. Pat

oldspark said:
curber said:
Some of the biggest ash I've ever seen. Pat
Have you seen my wife?
BWA-HA-HA-HA !!!!!!!!!....has your Wife seen this post ???

Awesome firewood score. You gotta strike while the iron's hot. Looks like years worth of heat- nice going!

Better to scrounge than post.
good pictures.
Nice weather & location for wood cutting.
Keep it coming while it's there. Never have too much wood :)

Great - I love getting those big ash rounds - lots of splits and splits nicely. Cheers!

That's as good as it gets in Idaho!

Thanks guys. I'll get some pics of the full trailers and the stacking today. Pat

Pat- nice haul buddy! waitin for the stack pix. gonna work on a massive white oak scrounge myself in the a.m. wearher looks great for it. art

Status
Not open for further replies.