Sorry...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having things stolen from your home & property gets most peoples' blood boiling. I took your posts, as well as my origin 'dynamite' idea as just venting frustration. It makes it especially maddening when the police have too much work to even care about it. All of us get caught up in the moment, posting things that we regret.
You're a good man to post this and move forward. :)

Agreed, moving forward and no grudges here. If other people held a grievance each time I had a rant, well then I wouldn't have my own source of frequent reminders to go easy if another does the same. Thanks for saying, see you on other posts...

Wow, man, kudos to you I. C. That takes some guts. There are many old threads about firewood thievery in which some post a version of the explosive log or some other kind of booby trap. They are always called on it, but yours is the first apology I recall seeing.

Like Doug A said above, thievery is infuriating, When/if the woodburglar finds me I will no doubt have murder in my heart. I trust that before I do anything drastic, the higher mind will assert itself. Wood,after all grows on trees.

Something about family trees and what could be hanging them;). I have been clipped by various light fingered less than morally adept types over the years- still makes the volcano erupt, I have a very long fuse. Yes, to the infuriating attitudes of various law enforcement agencies, which only serves to fan the fire as it were. Multiple cams of one type or another are about the best bet placed in multiple locations with a couple well hidden down under 4 ft. A couple fake ones around serve as distractions from the active units. Still in all there isn't a single one of us that wouldn't welcome the opportunity to even the score "legally"( being politically correct here). I have only had that opportunity twice in some 40 years, it helps but I still want to xxxxx the living xxxxxxx out the xxxxxxx. (Fill in the x's with what ever). Course that would just put my posterior in a sling. But one can dream.

Last edited:
It happens. Part of the job of the mods is to keep the original intent of the site focused on helping others. The points of trail cams and signs and such are good points. Helpful. Blowing stuff up...not so much.;)

No apologies needed. We are a passionate group of folks that take our wood burning seriously. Passion can make us do things that we wouldn't normally condone.

Keep on keeping on. The busy season is just over the next hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.