SOTW - A Number One From The Year You Graduated High School

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't this this young lady ever heard that song.

46979230-BCCE-4A8D-9BFA-9E40EDD97C6D-5728-000009B98A059010.jpg

Reactions: Dix and BrotherBart
1988 . . . from the year that brought you Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, Kylie Minogue and a whole lot of Michael Jackson (on the flip side U-2 had "Desire" and Guns N' Roses and Def Leppard were big).

Let the hating begin . . . wondering how many of you will have this song stuck in your head for the rest of the day . . .

and . . . feel free to lip synch along with 'em.

Girl you know it's true..ooh ooh ooh...I love you.

Ha ha!

I'm almost Scotty's age. Nirvana was king when I graduated. Smells like Teen Spirit, eh? Never got into grunge.

I should've graduated 20 years earlier, as I was listening to King Crimson Red and Yes Close to the Edge.

Reactions: Delta-T and ScotO
They graduated in 1978 :) (and I tell my Mom she is older than dirt when I get a chance too... hehehehehhehehe)
I just knew you had to be a 15 year old kid.;lol
(tis joke.;))

Reactions: Dix and PapaDave
Wow, class of 1988 seems to be popular on this board.

Class of 1981.Back when Jonno (and Angus Young too lol) still had hair......

Ugh. I just looked at the top 100 list from 1999. What a disaster...a low point in music history, really. This is the ONLY, ONLY song I would voluntarily listen to again.

That's a good song

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Hall & Oates.....

Reactions: DevilsBrew
I was not a fan of this song at the time (1979)

We had some decent music in 1991 when I graduated.....I was never a really big Pearl Jam fan, but I liked this and a couple other songs.......

Big Hair was on it's way out, and Grunge was on it's way in.........

Graduated in 1991 too, not a Pearl Jam fan either but Grunge was way better than those hair bands, although I did have a poster of Kip Winger ;) Just looked up the hubby's out of curiosity, he graduated in 1981 and sometimes it's a BIG ten years, especially in music and history. 1981 - Kim Carnes "Betty Davis Eyes"

"Betty Davis Eyes"

Guy that worked for me would warn the troops after I had been out entertaining customers late that I had come in with "Betty Davis eyes.". ;lol

Jackie DeShannon first did it back in 1974.

Reactions: Dix
Status
Not open for further replies.