SOTW - A Number One From The Year You Graduated High School

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Jackie DeShannon !

I graduated in 1987 but Im looking through some of the top songs from different eras, I was born /graduated in the wrong year I enjoy listining to the late 60s to mid 70s Floyd Zeplin .......

JIM

I graduated in 1987 but Im looking through some of the top songs from different eras, I was born /graduated in the wrong year I enjoy listining to the late 60s to mid 70s Floyd Zeplin .......

JIM

Yeah we are old and tired. But along the way we invented rock and rhythm and blues. ;lol

I don't ever remember them not played back to back segue

Reactions: DevilsBrew
but Grunge was way better than those hair bands,

At least the hair bands knew more than 3 cords. :p

Yup, I'm too young to remember the hair bands or the height of grunge first-hand. I graduated high school when Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Weezer, Foo Fighers and the like ruled the airwaves. Or at least that's what I was listening to. ;lol Class of '02. During my senior year I discovered a copy of AC/DC's The Razor's Edge and it was game on from there. Shifted to Aerosmith, Def Leppard, AC/DC (a favorite) and other hard rockers from the 70's/80's heyday.

This was a big hit then: (I wouldn't subject you to the other songs on the list, early 2000's musical fare was pretty rotten.)

Another '88 here.

This was a glimmer of hope in the days of hair bands.

I think these guys helped scare away the hair bands.

I was born in '70.

Still gives me chills Dax. Still gives me chills.

Reactions: fossil and DAKSY
I wasn;t there for it, but I agree it was a bad day.

Reactions: Ashful
Not only THAT, but we got to see ALL the really good bands play that stuff while they were still in their primes!

Did you see any " old bands" live One of my friends saw Led Zepplin live , I could only imagine

Did you see any " old bands" live One of my friends saw Led Zepplin live , I could only imagine

Got to a couple of concerts... Saw Led Zep in 73 in Germany, while in the Army. The Who (2x). Stones. 10 Years After. Deep Purple. Tull. Starship. Probably more on the list, but the memory is shot. Pretty sure I had a good time, tho...==c

Saw Three Dog Night live, Chicago and later the Stones. But the biggest rush was being backstage for a performance of Jesus Christ Superstar when it was working its way to Broadway. My roommate's brother was the business manager for the roadshow production company, Flying Hero Productions. Still have the pass in a box of mementos.

Reactions: DAKSY
Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Jefferson Airplane, Jerry Lee Lewis, Tower of Power, John Denver, among others.

Reactions: Freeheat and DAKSY
I saw Def Leppard when the drummer still had two arms.

Reactions: MasterMech
Status
Not open for further replies.