SOTW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
Gamma post yesterday about being pulled over by the police inspires this week's theme of speeding, police, and fast cars. As a kid this was one of my favorites.

Good one Jack Straw even if I never heard that one before... laughing.gif

Cops, Chicks, Firetrucks . . .

None of the videos of the the actual artist performing the song seemed as good as this one.

I am often amazed - living here in Upstate NY - when I see how people in other parts of the country live/work/drive in places where it is so flat. How DO you do it, living where there are no mountains?

Reactions: Jack Straw
BTU- That's a great song! (and video):cool:

Run like Hell....from the Pohlice....;lol::-)

O and this lil ditty....
"No stop signs, no speed limits...nothin's gonna slow me down.......!!
Guess no more AC/DC for me on the drive to work...:mad:

Cops, Chicks, Firetrucks . . .

None of the videos of the the actual artist performing the song seemed as good as this one.

Hmm...wonder why you chose this vid?:rolleyes:
Now there ya go, driving with the left leg bent up on the seat and barefoot....now that is a "safe" driver...._g
Just sayin...>>
Great tune though...

Cars and cops. Not complete without the General Lee. :)

Classic !!

This band is the Cars. The video is different. I would have a hard time drivin on this side of the road. Apparently Gamma, listening to AC/DC, would feel normal on that side of the road. ;lol Just sayin. What?

Hey...I heard this song today and forgots about it..This song came out when I was first dating Mr Gamma. He was traveling around the country installing spray booths in autobody shops. He worked for that company for 19 years. He would be gone all the time. He went to a spray booth convention in Vegas in 1991 and they got so many new installs that he did not come home for over a month. He went from installing in Vegas to Vancouver. Money good but it was tough for the poor bugger.

I still git that lil pitter patter feeling when I hear that song. I could not wait for him to come back home...missed him terrible..<>
Sometimes I wish he would "go away" now....;lol J/K...

No I am not...:mad:;lol

My brother played this over and over on his 8 track player.

When I was working in Dallas in the late seventies my boss came in my office one day and closed the door. He said "I just found out my nephew is now known as Meatloaf. Am I happy or sad?". ;lol

This video has some great pics

Reactions: GAMMA RAY
OK I am gonna do a BB impression...:p

1988...college chem lab every Tues and Thurs 6-9 pm...we would crank that Meatloaf song up every week while we were trying to blow the friggin place up..
Actually, a bunsen burner blew up on the team next to me...they lost their eyelashes and part of their eyebrows...no chit...the year later after I dropped out they totally re-did the whole science building..LMFAO..It happened to the nerdiest, best students in the bunch go friggin figure...they are prolly top surgeons in the country now...;lol)

Meanwhile me and my partner did not know what the frig we where doin...and nothin ever blew up on us...;lol

I have very good memories to that song....I can't tell....really....can't tell...but they were friggin great...:ZZZ::-)

Too many driving songs to reference for The Boss....you know, the guy that makes me proud to be from NJ.....
"
The rangers had a homecoming in harlem late last night
And the magic rat drove his sleek machine over the jersey state line
Barefoot girl sitting on the hood of a dodge
Drinking warm beer in the soft summer rain"

No I am not too young for that tune Craig...:mad: 43 tomorrow Big Daddy...;)
BTW...bottoms up...:) Drinks on da house tonite....

Now how am I supposed to drive the speed limit when a tune like that comes on...WTF?
I put the "classical music" channel on now when I am goin to work...I gots to be very very careful...<>

They got me pegged...dammit..I ain't givin them my hard earned cash when I can buy some cool chit instead...like a sweet Stihl...

Status
Not open for further replies.