SOTW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this takes me back to the days in the 80's when all I thought about was taking the skateboard up to the half-pipe at Kids Mountain, in Altoona PA. We played this cassette until the tape deck would chew it up. Take the cassette apart, re-wheel the tape back into it, and play it again and again and again........

Reactions: zap
Scottys a thrasher?

Back in the day I could tear it up pretty good. Back when skateboarding was cool (mid 80's). Found this clip on youtube, of the very place I used to thrash! I knew a lot of the guys in these clips, we were all kids having a blast and breaking bones! That skate park has been torn down for YEARS, they turned it into a damm doctor's office....:rolleyes:

Reactions: smoke show
The Sparkles from Levelland, Texas. I used to sit in on the drums with them in 1967 at the Village Swinger and The Music Box in Lubbock, Texas. They did a great James Brown show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sparkles

Reactions: zap
The Sparkles from Levelland, Texas. I used to sit in on the drums with them in 1967 at the Village Swinger and The Music Box in Lubbock, Texas. They did a great James Brown show.
BrotherBart was a SPARKLE? :p;) The father of a girl I used to date claimed he sat in (and helped write a couple of songs) for the Raspberries back in da day. Not sure if he was full of chit or not, but he sure could play the guitar and sing.

Wasn't a Sparkle. Lucky Floyd was too good for me to even think about that. But had fun a few nights with a few tunes. The rest of the time a big fan.

Reactions: ScotO
I don't have any of their tunes but we had two other great local "garage bands" in Lubbock. The Brutes and The Traveling Salesmen. From about 1960 to 1968 was the heyday of those kind of bands. A fun time for a kid with a drum set and right out of high school.

Reactions: ScotO
Look at Gamma's Avatar.....she gets prettier in each pic:cool:. You can tell who the fugly guys are, we have pics of barns in our avatars!;lol;sick<>

Reactions: DexterDay
Your dating yourself a lil there oldtimer. :p
That album was released the year I was born. ;em

Reactions: Defiant
Look at Gamma's Avatar.....she gets prettier in each pic:cool:. You can tell who the fugly guys are, we have pics of barns in our avatars!;lol;sick<>

Agreed. Or a Fire. LOL ;)

She looks like the GND..... Literally. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.