SOTW......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScotO

OK, so not to try and get mushy but I've been hearing alot of good songs that take me back to my childhood/youth years, this time of year always does this to me as we have hunting season (big time tradition with my family/friends), and all the holidays coming right around the bend........then the talk about what our fathers/grandfathers and mothers/grandmothers have done for us over the years.........

Okay, ramble over. Just some songs that take us back.......what's some of your favorites?

Huge memories.

Reactions: milleo

The ride from Louisville New York to Massena New York at Christmas time so we could see our grandparents always had Frank or Dean on with my father singing.

That's gotta be one of my favorite Christmas songs of all time......that, and Frank Sinatra singing "have yourself a Merry little Christmas"

Reactions: milleo and zap
These couple of songs take me straight into the woods.......I play them over and over in my head when I'm out there in the treestand or walking through the laurel on the mountain...

Gotta love some Jerry Douglas

And that brings me to one of my all time favorites...

The Wizard of Oz became my daughter's favorite movie when she was a small girl growing up. I've no idea how many times she & I watched that movie together. She had her grandmother sew her up a "Dorothy dress", and she carried a stuffed animal she called "Toto" all the time. I had to find her a pair of "Ruby Slippers". I'm getting all nostalgic & teary-eyed just remembering it all.

Fast forward a couple of decades, and at her wedding reception, when it was time for me to share a dance with my daughter, this version of "Over the Rainbow" was what she had chosen for us. I about melted on the spot, just like the wicked witch. Rick

The ride from Louisville New York to Massena New York at Christmas time so we could see our grandparents always had Frank or Dean on with my father singing.

Very few songs will bring back more memories than Christmas songs. First thing my mother would do on Christmas morning was put on her Christmas record and this was the first song on it....takes me back there instantly.

We'll definately have to do a Christmas SOTW when that comes around. I've got dozens of them, all nostalgic. I love the old Christmas songs, done by the legends.......Bobby Helms, Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Elvis....

Some of the best Christmas songs were done by The Ray Conniff Singers. And the Charlie Brown Christmas album, we have the kids hooked on that stuff by The Vince Guaraldi Trio. Good stuff....great memories..

The older I get, the more this one (or just about any of his) means to me.

Too bad he sold it to Chevy

Status
Not open for further replies.