SOTWeekend ... Boots

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY

And add a pic of your boots, what ever kind !!

My new Justin's !!!

20130309_163814.jpg

:eek: !!!

AAAGGGHHHH! My mother isn't even in the same state as me and I just shuttered in fear....even at 40 years old!

I can here her screaming "no shoes on the table" in her very loud "Mommy Dearest" voice (think wire hanger scene)

My Allen Edmonds custom made matched hides gators that cost me more than my first car cost. Only pair of them in the world.

aegators1.jpg

Reactions: Dix
That was the first song I thought of when I saw the title. I no longer have my old Justins, and my RedWings are just plain boots.

Reactions: Dix
:eek: !!!

AAAGGGHHHH! My mother isn't even in the same state as me and I just shuttered in fear....even at 40 years old!

I can here her screaming "no shoes on the table" in her very loud "Mommy Dearest" voice (think wire hanger scene)

Geez, I hadn't even worn them yet, J !! ;)

Geez, I hadn't even worn them yet, J !! ;)
Oh, I realize that but it is a knee jerk reaction, from my mom, new, used or otherwise, she would absolutely freak if shoes were on the table, ANY table in the house :)

So did mine .. I do it any way ;)

Used to go nuts when dates parked their feet/shoes on my coffee table. :confused: I married the first one I broke of the habit.

Reactions: Hearth Mistress
Oh, I realize that but it is a knee jerk reaction, from my mom, new, used or otherwise, she would absolutely freak if shoes were on the table, ANY table in the house :)
The origin of not wanting even new shoes on table or chair is that when people died they would put their shoes off the ground. A chair or table was the likely place. It became superstition to do it when a person was living. Many still freak over it because it has been passed down many generations and the original meaning has been forgotten.

Well that and the fact that folks use to have to walk through a lot of animal poop to get to your house.

Reactions: begreen
Status
Not open for further replies.