sounds good until....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong but does it actually make a difference whether those pellets are made from DougFir versus any other wood? I always thought that once it is dried and compressed the only thing that matters is the weight which is a ton when you buy a pallet full.

Blazers were the hottest pellet several yr's ago

The Blazers are an awesome price for 289, however referencing "possibly" damaged bags? In other words there will be damaged bags for that price

The Blazers are an awesome price for 289, however referencing "possibly" damaged bags? In other words there will be damaged bags for that price

Maybe Pellets Direct would let you take a look at them if you took a ride over.

5 or so years ago Squire Lumber was selling rebagged Okie's for $219, bought a few tons,not any issue's

Last edited:
Maybe Pellets Direct would let you take a look at them if you took a ride over.
To far, all set, locked in 3 ton of blazers at 299 for prebuy. If any bags are damaged the vendor would let me trade them out, whereas it seems that this ad seems to indicate they would not. I was excited when I started to read it initially, I was going to get an additional 3 tons at that price, blazers where I am now are between 329 and 359 at this moment.

Looks like a scratch and dent buy to me (cash only translates to non-returnable) but is likely still a good deal for your area. $289 per ton here is high for any pellet new and unharmed. Go check them out and see for yourself. Could just be a few jacked up bags per skid? Who knows? Or call and ask the dude about the condition and ask for them to shoot you straight about that. Wouldn't hurt.

I could be wrong but does it actually make a difference whether those pellets are made from DougFir versus any other wood? I always thought that once it is dried and compressed the only thing that matters is the weight which is a ton when you buy a pallet full.
The best way for you to answer that... is to buy a few bags of TSC, or comparable,
and a few bags of 100% Doug Fir.
Burn them... monitor the heat on your stove, and the amount of ash produced.
I think you will find the answer...
Also take note, when you open each bag, stick your nose in the bag immediately..
(just my opinion of course)

Dan

I'd like to try some decent softwood pellets just for a comparison but they are not sold here anywhere or I have yet to see any at all. I am content with my Sets and if that's all I ever burn then I'm good. I think HD here is getting Hamers so I will check those out this fall just for chits and giggles. Many here say they are good.

I've only burned Sets and Pro pellets thus far. The Pro's were very similar to the Sets in every way but did have some longer pellets consistently which would make the 68 pop and squeal now and then busting thru a long pellet or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.