Sour wood ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a tree where you either love it or hate it.

One vote for putting that thing out of it's mysery! If it had legs I could see it starring in a horror film!

Matt

Gideon, that's funny ! Matt, I probably will......well I love it too, but it's in some really thick woods near my house and is covered by a large poison ivy vine about 2 inches thick, all the way to the top.

It has apparently been rode down at one time by another tree because it has grown side ways, and I bet the next dead pine falling will get it anyway.

If it comes down, it will be hard to clean the vine off I guess unless I let it season until the bark falls off with the vine on it after cutting.

I am dearly trying to save it, but it is in the path of many other huge trees that will probably fall all around it this fall. These woods are so thick with fallen pines and others you can barely walk.

I just wondered if anyone had ever split or used it because I dare not waste any of this tree.........or any for that matter.

Robbie.

Good points.........I figured by the time the bark was gone it would be clear of any possible problems to do with ivy......sure don't want that in my house.

I guess it will be recycled.

Robbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.