Source for 2 1/2" Flex Vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erikbrooks

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Just installed my Harman XXV with outside air kit [OAK]. Problem is the only size flex vent I am able to find is 3" diameter, while the Harman is looking for 2 3/8".

I was able to attach the 3" flex vent by slitting the end and "crimping" it on via a hose clamp, but the real issue is that the back panel of the Harman is made for a smaller diameter, so it really doesnt fit through.

So my question is, does anyone know of a source for 2 3/8" or 2 1/2" flex vent??? I was told to look at auto parts stores etc, and have pretty much exhausted my Googling skills, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Yes, I've tried Lowes, Home Depot, local HW stores too.

pelletNJ said:
Just installed my Harman XXV with outside air kit [OAK]. Problem is the only size flex vent I am able to find is 3" diameter, while the Harman is looking for 2 3/8".

I was able to attach the 3" flex vent by slitting the end and "crimping" it on via a hose clamp, but the real issue is that the back panel of the Harman is made for a smaller diameter, so it really doesnt fit through.

So my question is, does anyone know of a source for 2 3/8" or 2 1/2" flex vent??? I was told to look at auto parts stores etc, and have pretty much exhausted my Googling skills, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Yes, I've tried Lowes, Home Depot, local HW stores too.

Try an auto parts store. The usually stock the flex pipe in those sizes. They sell it by the foot. While you are there pick up an adapter to go to the 3" id flex you already have. A few hose clamps and your in business.

Edit:
Summit racing has this:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-46975/?image=large

Wow - thanks. I must have done 50 google searches.... These forums are extremely helpful

I just used 3'' dryer vent aluminum .Just keep tightening the clamp it squishes right down .Then seal it with high temp silicone . I took out the flap and cut a hole in it then covered the hole with screen ,reinstalled the flap and duct taped it shut . Red Green would be proud of it .

pelletNJ said:

How about your Harman dealer? 2-3/8" flex pipe, SUPPLIED BY HARMAN, part #1-00-08543....$2.50-$3.00/lf

Status
Not open for further replies.